Anteresia not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

team351

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi people, I have an 18 month old anteresia that has always beena regular eater from day one, but she has not eaten since 11th July now and have tried to feed her once per week since and even left fuzzy rat in her cage overnight. Tempature is regulated by UV in wooden enclosure, and tonight I checked her again to find that she was (strangely) upside down in her hide cover?? and there was a light brown paste on substrate (not waste I think)?? handled her for a while and she seemed quite lively, also have two other morelia spilota juveniles in separate boxes in same enclosure and they are fine!! would appreciate any suggestions or thoughts
Doug

I'd assume one of the first things to do is figure out what that light brown paste was.

Was it from the snake or possibly something else?
Just keep trying with the feeding as you are doing, or see a vet about the upside down thing. Not too sure about that.

Good luck, i hope she does okay.

VinceFASSW - the paste? must have been from her, though it seemed pretty much odourless which has me stumped? thanks for your comments.

Inthegrass - usually between 26 to 28, but was told to raise it upto 28 to 31 for the first twelve months for the jevenile diamonds sake?

Can we get a picture of your set up?

The temperature needs to be hotter if you expect the snake to digest properly, between 27-33C is ideal. Also, I'd suggest getting rid of the UV and swapping it for a spot light. And, by the sound of it, getting separate enclosures for the diamonds.

Have just uploaded a few pictures of enclosure, still trying to work this forum stuff out??

At last..!! she has eaten today, and appears to be healthy, thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back