Ants

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

notechistiger

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I got home a couple of days ago to find my room alive with ants (my fault for leaving a can of lemonade in there). So... removed the can, opened windows and door, removed the reptiles and crickets, and sprayed everything with Mortein.

Anyway, now they won't leave! Despite random sprayings every now and again and some Ant Sand near the windows and around the door frame, I cannot seem to get rid of them. I also discovered that they like the taste of my incubating cricket eggs. So... two whole containers worth have been lost, which is great. Absolutely fantastic.

Aside from an exterminator, which I don't have the money for at the moment, is there anything I can do to get rid of them?

I'm in Bris too and having the exact same problem. Get rid of one trail, they come up elsewhere....
With all the rain we've had + 32deg days, we can look forward to more of this :|
Hope you find a solution!

I just leave a can of soft drink in the bathroom so they go in there instead of the computer room - otherwise they just go under the desk to eat the cats food. At least we can spray them in there as it is away from all of our pets.

I had a similar problem notechis, just keep at it, try and follow their trail outside the house too and keep dusting ant sand along it. Buy some of them good do it yourself spray kits and spray all around the outside of the house and inside.

Good luck

Whats the main active in ant sand? Borax is meant to be great for ridding you're place of ants.

and the ants prooved yet again... they rule the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back