Any information on the setup required for a Pygmy Bearded Dragon

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Essentially you'll need exactly the same gear you need for other beardies. 60cm x 45cm x 45cm enclosure would be the minimum I would reccomend for these guys but obviously the bigger the better. You'll need to provide a basking light to give the beardie a basking spot of 35-40deg. you need to provide a UV source be it tube or globe. Branches, rocks and hides will also need to be supplied. And obviously food and water, salad consisting of mustard greens, endive, dandelion leaves, asian greens, carrot, squash (to name just a few) should be provided daily, as well as a selection of live insects, I feed woodies (I have a colony) and treat my pygmies with crickets and the odd newly shed mealworm. Insects should be dused with calcium and vitamin powders. Thats pretty much the nuts and bolts of the absolute basics/minimum you need to provide your pygmy. HTH

ontop of what every other beardie needs i found that these guys like a very bright enclosure so with ours we just put in a regular house bulb as well as the uv otherwise they all went to sleep even in summer.

I have decided that I am going to feed crickets as well as mealworms (as a treat). What is the best way to keep/breed these?

woodies are much much easier. I agree with nagini I noticed when I added an extra fluro for general lighting activity increased dramatically

waste of time and potentially dangerous to your beardie IMO, just put a nice dark rock directly under the basking light

Do i need any form of heat during the night?

really depends on your local climate, personally here in sydney I don't, mind you my room temps don't drop below 20deg except in mid winter when they are in brumation anyway so isn't an issue. Some people do, some don't, but if you live in a really cold area a heat mat run off a thermostat run at night will help keep them happy

Im just wondering when i breed crickets, do they have to have a form of heat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back