Any Other Fish Enthusiasts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a few photos to share of some special species I have been priviliged with

Attachments

• SARATOGA.JPG
    SARATOGA.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF1817.jpg
    DSCF1817.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 32
  • RED TURQ. DISCUS.JPG
    RED TURQ. DISCUS.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 35
Got any pics Austy? My saratoga is native - sadly I don't have him anymore :( I let him go to Wollongong to someone who had a much larger tank for him.

I have a few photos to share of some special species I have been priviliged with
WOW!!! i love discusses... I'm probably gonna get one... blue snakeskin discuss are stunning... they are priced at $500 upwards hey?
got a picture of the whole tank set up with the discuss mysnakesau???

i have about 80+ rainbows, gudgeons, 40+guppies, 20+ endlers, 8 honey blue eys, swordtails, white cloud minnows and 2 platies. i did have about 80 odd electric yellows, electric blues, convicts, a few multifaciatus, some hybrids i rescued from becoming feeders lol and a few mollies.

Thanks guys, he is a beautiful fish, but very high maintenance, but I was warned. He uproots everything in his tank (I have since added a few fake plants, coral etc...) and when I put my hand in to move them back he attacks. I mean he really comes in and bites, it doesn't hurt just the shock of the first one lol.

When you put your face close to the glass he flares his gills, opens his mouth and puts on a real display. I had to change from an internal filter to an external one that pumps 1200L per hour just to keep the tank clean. That lasts for a fortnight and then the whole thing is syphoned and cleaned manually, but I wouldn't get rid of him.

Here a few pics I took just now.

Attachments

• Dudley5.jpg
    Dudley5.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Dudley6.jpg
    Dudley6.jpg
    188.4 KB · Views: 28
  • Dudley7.jpg
    Dudley7.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Dudley8.jpg
    Dudley8.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 32
my list...
auloncara family
2 male eureka peacock, 6 female
4 male maleri gold peacock, 4 female
3male dragons blood peacock
3 male blue peacock, 2 female (unsure exact name)
1 male lemon peacock, 1 female
mbuna family
3 male salousi, 3 female
3male afra cobwe, 1 female
2 male electric yellow, 6 female
4 male hongi, 4 female
2 male johanni
6 maingano
4 dolphins
and about 20 other mbuna that i cant remember the name of right now
other african cichlids
1 albino compressicep
3 blue compressicep
8 lionheads
2 male 7bar frontosa, 6 female
1 male 5bar frontosa, 2 female
and about 10 other funky africans that i cant remeber for the life of me
1 jack dempsey
3 eels
6 gibbiceps
12 golden algae eaters
and about 300 fry and babies of various species

i think thats it

Hey, I've got a small planted tropical tank which is home to an awesome Flame Gourami, some Harlequin Rasboras and a Bristlenose Catfish.

I also have a tropical nano tank with an interesting veil-tail fighter that is whiteish/orange with almost a neon blue running through his fins and pure black eyes, first one i've ever seen. And some Neon Tetras in there too!

Sadly, I just had to sell the last of my fish... :(, I had two mean cichlids left (they had eaten all of the others) and a 'getting too big' Red Oscar. All I have left is a silver shark and the goldies in the pond outside. We are getting baby turtles for the 4ft tank. Anyone know which native fish I can throw in with turtles that wont get eaten? I am tossing up what to put in the 6ft tank (which is currently in need of a new bottom) cichlids or a predominantly micro cichlid community tank?

From the brisbane river i keep the following
a silver scat
a silver batfish
flat head gudgeons
carp gudgeons
some unknown(to me) goby species
pacific blue eyes
banded grunter
2 or more shrimp species
Varuna litterata(crab)
also in the freezer i keep a heap of gar and mullet.

I also keep
gulf saratoga
common archers
sleepy cod
murray cod
red claw crays

Swortails and chinese algae sucker fish thingos.

2 Silver sharks
1 ghost knife
2 albino bristlenose
2 bristlenose
2 flying fox's
3 clown loachs
a few kuhli loachs (not sure how many only one ever comes out for a feed) only see the others when i clean the tank
a dozen or so tetras
had a heap of neons but there all gone (looks at the ghost knife)
and 1 female guarami her mate a nice flame got stuck in the end of the filter after the end bit came off one night,

Got any pics Austy?
Purple spotted..
fsdh068.jpg

fsdh067.jpg

ok ill name a few i have 30 silver scats, 23 red scats, 50 grunters, 12 eel tail cattys, 3 barra, one a bit over 40cm, 6 spangled perch, 1 jag, 2 red devils, 10 snakehead gudgeons, 10 mouth almiteys, 5 bristlenose, 2 plecos, 1 fresh water eel over 1.5mtres!! 6 bass, 6 yellowbelly....thats bout it.

This is my planted tank - it was originally going to be only natives, but its ended up being a bit of a mix....It has some shrimp, mussels, freshwater crabs, various rainbowfish, and some exotics.

PlantedTank.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back