Any UFC fans?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UFC will be dead within a few years.

No offence, but that's the craziest comment I've ever heard.

The UFC will do nothing but get bigger and bigger, other MMA promotions will come and go but MMA in general will do nothing but grow into one of the most popular sports in the world, definitely the most popular combat sport in the world.

I don't see much point in it to be honest. Each to their own though, whatever floats your boat. It's the same old, same old. Luck for those who manage to stop a punch or kick that doesn't render you semi-unconscious, then both meathead opponents more often than not hit the floor and someone with a bit more strength can manipulate the other in a grapple. I gave up martial arts after a nine year spell in the knowledge that nobody can ever be prepared for a wayward king-hit. It's entertaining to watch for a bit, but seems to lose its flavor as fast as extra chewing gum :lol:

Ok that's a bit strange as this thread was closed this morning and now its not.

Anyway, back on topic - Venomoose learning martial arts are not really about preventing every single possible dangerous situation (ie the king hit out of nowhere for example) but more about looking after yourself as well as possible. More importantly, they are a hobby so people do them because they enjoy it. I think this article sums up what training to defend yourself is all about and is an example of the potential use training in combat sports can be, even years later.

Former Army boxing champion, 71, floors 6ft 4in thug Mark Pearce after being punched in the face in Torquay attack | Mail Online

As evidenced by many of the comments in this thread, mixed martial arts are misunderstood by the general population (although it is growing in popularity). That's fine by me, I don't watch MMA or train in martial arts for any reason other than my own enjoyment. If any MMA fans here are going to the UFC TUF finale at the Gold Coast, I'll be one of the doctors at the weigh-in and on the night so feel free to say hi. (I'm the only one on the medical team with a black and red dragon tatoo on my forearm)

As you said each to ther own, but watch this Sundays fight, welterweights usually throw down pretty good, unless Gsp just wrestles which will make a boring onesided fight.

Can't see it being anymore than the latter... Gsp doesn't do exciting fights anymore, he's so good he doesn't need to. Just do everything to perfection which will be enough for a 48-47 win... Well that's my tip anyway... Hopefully I'll be wrong and the time off has reminded him how to finish a fight in the first two...

yeah hopefully condit can keep it standing and possibly out strike gsp, condit has knockout power but gsp has that jab that lands 100% of the time, best fighter against gsp so far and if condit cant do it diaz is the only other fighter that stands a chance.

I think Diaz will beat GSP, both have great cardio, Diaz has better stand up, GSP has better wrestling but if he puts Diaz on his back, that's were Diaz works best, Diaz jits is one of the best in MMA and we all know GSP loves laying on top and grinding his fights out. I really hope this fight happens.

Last edited:
I think Diaz will beat GSP, both have great cardio, Diaz has better stand up, GSP has better wrestling but if he puts Diaz on his back, that's were Diaz works best, Diaz jits is one of the best in MMA and we all know GSP loves laying on top and grinding his fights out. I really hope this fight happens.

yeah thats definetly a better match up but i still think condit beat diaz and deserves his shot,
gsp offered to give his title away just so he can kick diazs ***, but diaz would be the only fighter other than hardy who would definitely take it to gsp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back