Anyone who can sex some reptiles for me?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fennwick

Reaction score
Morning everyone,
im wondering if there's anyone in Sydney who could sex an 8 month old central netted dragon and a 9 month old spotted python for me?
thanks,
Dave.

put up a pic of the netted you can generally tell by the shape and their head and base of tail

here's some pics someone gave me when i asked the same question about netteds

Attachments

• female.JPG
    female.JPG
    4 KB · Views: 187
  • male.JPG
    male.JPG
    3.6 KB · Views: 180
thanks for that. the pics are a bit too small and i have crappy vision. do you think you could re-post them a bit bigger? if you cant re-size them, can you point out the differences between the 2 pics?
thanks.

male aparently have huge head and thicker tail bases whereas females have thiner tail bases. i can only really tell the diff once i saw two rea ones side by side. either way if you post a pic of yours you'll get an answer once people can see what your talking about

Male Dragons also have a small hemipenal rise at the base of the tail. I dont know whether this is a sexing factor in C.nuchalis but I have kept another Ctenophorus (C.decresii) and this was also apparent in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back