Apologies and New Beginnings

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpant_Lady

Reaction score
Ok I’m not very good at this so here goes.
This arguing over the purpose of this forum is doing exactly what the arguers are trying to prevent; pulling down the quality of APS. Slateman I am sincerely sorry for my part in this and I recognize that I have contributed. I have no right to slander your forum with abuse.

Cwarren however I disagree with your views is irrelevant. I apologize for my abuse at you whilst endeavoring to protect a person whom I like, and wish that we could wipe the slate clean so to speak.

However in order to prevent this happening again I really think that people need to try to understand the other point of view. I quite like being able to come on here with a common interest as to others and talk generally about things not related to herps. I struggle to understand why this bothers some people as they can choose to be involved. Suggestions have been put forward in the past to take chit-chat off the opening page and recent posts bar. I have no objection to this at all if it will help stop arguments.

Lastly, however I disagree with peoples views, I don’t wish to drive them from the forum.

Please don’t slander here. We have tried that and yelling abuse does not solve any of the problems.

Mckenzie

I don't think you have anything to apologize for.

well she does have something to apologise for, It was going for the throat straight away for merely voicing the opinion of many here especially when it wasn't directed at her. That now said I would like to aknowledge your apology and say thank you for that. It speaks volums to me that someone can apologise when they feel there is a need. MrBredli without trying to be mean here,,, I think you need to step back and look at the situation as a whole. (try and imagine it was two guys and not two girls) I think the fact that you are trying to get onto them is clouding your judgement and yes I know you say it is with tongue and check but what I would like to ask is if you know your comments are causing more friction and generally giving people the shi*s then why insist on continuing with it? I mean more then one person has told you it isn't a dating site. If everyone is genuinally concerned about where the site and subsequent threads are going then why not do something about it and stop the behaviours that are causing the problems. It's really that simple. People....come and have fun with the site but if your comments are upsetting people then why not just stop. This site used to be unbelievable and I think it can be again...I think the Mods need to take a heavy hand again until people learn that this isn't our site it's Slatemans and we should be greatful he allows us to come in here. This is a Herp site with a chit chat area NOT a chit chat site with a herp area.......

I'm not sure what you mean, two guys, not two girls?? In any case, i was saying that i don't believe she should apologize for chit chatting in a chit chat thread.

And just for the record, i am in a serious relationship, have been for a couple of years. I have no interest in dating anyone on this site. Everything i wrote in that thread was said in jest; most people understand this, i would hope anyway, i've said it enough times.

we dont read much of the mud slinging that goes on but on occasion we do,what people need to understand is that everyone has different opinions like it or not it is a part of life especially on a public forum,and yes things get said that shouldnt(and mods cannot not be here 24/7 and read everything that gets posted i think the do the best job they possibly can) but i think it is time that everyone moved on from this crap and let the site get back to the way it was .One thing i have to say is that the rules should be for everyone,i know people that have been booted several times and have rejoined under different names,then have been kicked off again for a reason then allowed back on to cause more trouble.This is just our opinion ,one that everyone is entitled to.
One more thing, people need to understand that this site is for everyone children included which everyone should keep in mind.JMO

Again with the belly button J and C

People have left the site for many reasons one of which was the fact that fun was being outlawed. As was said mud slinging is part of life and a few people need to get over it. The people I feel do need to apoligise is those that were refering to horsey in a derogatery manner last night, some of you should be copletely ashamed of yourselves. Some of the things said about this 16 yr old girl, were completely out of line and those responsible should be repremanded for there comments. And to make matters worse she read what was being said about her. Coming to a friend's defence is nothing to be ashamed of Serpent Lady and more people should have a friend like you.

I agree Mayo,
I think those that called Horsy an "immature little 16 year old" and a "flirtaseous child" etc did more damage than the actual mucking around between her & MrB. The 2 were only having a joke for *****s & giggles, but some members who disaprooved of their antics took it out of context & made it personal.

I can't see why we cant all just get over it & move on. Whats been done has been done whether the prudes (sorry now I am making it personal :p) like it or not. There is no more flirtaseous posting, no more joking around atm, so lets talk belly buttons (oops I mean Herps)

The belly button there is always a belly button.

There were far worse things said in the end about Horsey I was reading post 99 when I decided to get involved but by the time I posted it, they had locked it. That might have been safer for my membership because I think a few members needed to be told a few facts of life. They sat there and ripped people but should have taken a closer look at what they had written themselves.

yes mayo agree with you 100 % and serpant lady dont apolagise for anything, you where doing what you think is right and it was;)

what do you people see when you read posts?? Some of you amaze me in that you take of post only bits that help you to stir trouble again and again. if you bother to pull your heads out of your rears for a second you would see that Serpent_Lady didn't apologise for sticking up for Horsy but instead for the manner in which she did it. Maybe you trouble makers could take a leaf out of her book. There was no need for you people to re-open this dead topic but again it seems that it was done in an attempt toto cause more problems. Mayo if you feel there is no fun allowed in here any more then why don't you and all the like minded people leave and go else where? This site would be a better place without all the trouble makers that have come in over the past few months. It is a cycle it seems that the site gets cleaned up of all the riff raff then runs smoothly for a long time and then more appear-stir trouble and then go. Why can't people realise this is a Herp site with a chit chat area not a chit chat site with a Herp area and definately not a flirting/dating site. Another thing that happens is that people come in and steal threads for stupi chat and turn it into a flirting areana and this is the reason things started getting out of hand for some. People we don't all have to agree or like each other but start obeying the rules or face the consiquences.

Peace to All

Cwarren I class you as one of the trouble makers. Look at what you write. If you want to have a go at me please feel free. but the attack on a 16 yr old girl was beyond a joke. As were many of the comments. It's people like you that are forcing good members to leave. I didn't get involved in the arguement the other night until I had read all the post up to 99. If I was just a trouble maker I just would have shot my mouth off straight from the start.

the fact is that you again are furthering the argument. Stop it or leave it is really that simple. I have been a member of this site for quite some time now and it is the constant crap that goes on in threads that causes annoyence to members, if you weren't causing trouble then why post about it in here sparking it up again? It was done and dusted and now you have brought it to the for front again. I have been here longer then a lot and I will be here long after a lot. If I was a Mod I would take exception to you implying that you are not allowed to have fun in here. As for the so called attack on the sixteen year old girl I have sent her a PM in regards to the matter and beside that she is quite capable of looking after herself. If she needed anyone to stick up for her and fight her battles for her I am sure she would have. I just wish people would just let closed threads remain closed. Mate in closing you can reply with what you want and say what you want but I hope you refrain and just let it fade away into the distance where it belongs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back