Appropriate enclosure size for a Darwin Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jhatcliffe

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I want to build my own enclosure for a darwin python, however my house isn't huge so was just wondering the minimum size of an enclosure i would need to house a darwin python comfortably. You'll notice i underlined the word comfortably, as i want to make sure this reptile is very comfortable in its new home. If i could have some experienced darwin owners comment, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

A enclosure 1200x600x600 would be ok but a 1200x900x600 would be better. The best thing is to go as big as you can

would that be the same for a murray darling? thanks

Anything bigger then then 1200x600x600 is good for most medium to large pythons (not including coastal, olives, scrubby's) If you go bigger it's always better

I have my guys in 1200L x 600W x 600H but personally if i had the room i would go the biggest i possibly could without getting to big....

i keep my big darwins in 1200 x 600 x 600. my 9ft male only sits in one corner and and the 8ft female constantly on her perch. so i dont think even an enclosure this size is nessary but it does the trick and they have been pumping out nice size clutches the last few years so i must be doing something right :p

Anything bigger then then 1200x600x600 is good for most medium to large pythons (not including coastal, olives, scrubby's) If you go bigger it's always better
+1 again, abnrmal is all over it....

I have my guys in 1200L x 600W x 600H but personally if i had the room i would go the biggest i possibly could without getting to big....
We mostly do 2.1m x 1.2m x 0.75m enclosures for medium to large pythons. It is the largest "practical" size in my opinion. Narrow enough to fit through a standard door and short enough to be able to be tilted up from lying without hitting an 8ft ceiling. We have made bigger but you need to make sure you can fit it in your house. We have made enclosures for clients before only to find out that they did not measure their doors to make sure it fitted in. $400 and a Franna crane later they got it on their 2nd storey balcony so it pays to measure twice haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back