APS members in the news!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

expansa1

Reaction score
Hi, I just thought I'd post this newspaper article with Olivehydra and AFTCRA releasing Mary River turtle hatchlings into the wild on Friday 16th March 2007.
The release was overseen by the EPA and all the appropriate permission was granted!

SCoastDaily15.jpg

Cheers,

Craig

Congratulations mate.

Great work you lot are doing you ought to be getting the recognition that you deserve.

Chris.

Good too see, have you approached the sunday mail at all? they have a much larger audience.

Was there any reason they didnt mention the dam?

Good too see, have you approached the sunday mail at all? they have a much larger audience.

Was there any reason they didnt mention the dam?

Hi Cris, yes they were trying to remain neutral and just present a 'good feel' story rather than another one of those depressing anti-dam stories!

Theres not much else than the anti-dam and water crisis stories around this neck of the woods!

Cheers,

Craig

What a heart-warming event for yourself and Gabrielle, Craig. And so nice of you to share the moment with Olivehydra. I hope the little babies are thriving. :D

woot :D, good job, i swear i saw that on the news ??
cheers
brad

You guys deserve all the publicity and assistance you can get.Congratulations on the great work your doing hopefully some people will learn from what your doing.
Odie

That is great work these guys are doing but I have to wonder how the emotions are running when releasing your babies to fend for themselves like that - must be hard even if you know its for the good of the species.

well done guys. you should be proud. gorgeous turtles too.:D
mel

Thanks everyone, it is a little heart wrenching, but we believe we have given them a good start in life and it is the best thing to do for the species as a whole.

It would be awesome to see some of our little guys grow up and make it to sexual maturity and start breeding! That would be the ultimate for us!!!

From time to time I will be visiting the release sites and see if I can find some of the one's we bred.

Cheers,

Craig
ps Olivehydra loved the release day as well as the day we spent in an awesome spot doing turtle catching, data collection and releasing.

i hope to be able to help you out with your reseach soon craig and cant wait to get this hatchy mary river from you, you guys are doing such a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back