APS members in the news!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I just thought I'd post this newspaper article with Olivehydra and AFTCRA releasing Mary River turtle hatchlings into the wild on Friday 16th March 2007.
Cheers, Craig

Fantastic! Such a beautiful photo, well done guys! :) very exciting!

i hope to be able to help you out with your reseach soon craig and cant wait to get this hatchy mary river from you, you guys are doing such a great job.

Hey Hornet, all AFTCRA members are welcome to get involved with any of the turtle research on the Mary River! If you can bring some snorkelling gear with you, it will be much better as you can see heaps of different species of turtles, lungfish and other fish including large Mary River Cod. One person I took from France with me a few weeks ago said we could conduct our own eco tours and people overseas would definitely pay to see what he saw! he also stated that it should be made into a world heritage listed area.

Cheers,

Craig-AFTCRA Inc.

i recon that would have to be such a great experience, where can i get the membership form?

i recon that would have to be such a great experience, where can i get the membership form?

Just click the blue Membership form button at www.aftcra.org.au and hit save to download the form. You get free membership when you get one of the Mary's!

Cheers,

Craig

note to self - black is so not my colour ;)
Again, thanks to Gab and Craig, I had a wonderful time.

HAHA blacks everyone's colour,

Good job Guys, It was nice to hear some of the stories first hand at the Mac Herps show.

I remember some school camps up on the Mary River, I love the area.

Thats such a great triumph!

Congratulations guys!

And even the odd saltwater croc :lol:

It's a great job you've all done Expansa, I wish it every success! ;)

Thanks, although you won't get Saltwater crocs where we are. There was one found in the 50's near the mouth of the river but nothing since!
Believe me, I have snorkelled for hours in both ends of the river.

Last week I did find an adult white Lungfish though!!

Cheers,

Craig

I guess the visibility is pretty good then.

Has there been any monitoring of the hatchlings post-release?

:p

Hix

Thanks, although you won't get Saltwater crocs where we are. There was one found in the 50's near the mouth of the river but nothing since!
Believe me, I have snorkelled for hours in both ends of the river.

Last week I did find an adult white Lungfish though!!

Cheers,

Craig

Ahhh you see, my long departed Grandfather who lived there all his life told stories about crocs in the Mary River .......but, you know how those oldies keep besting it up and rehashing the same old tale over & over again until their in plague proportions :lol: :D

Ahhh you see, my long departed Grandfather who lived there all his life told stories about crocs in the Mary River .......but, you know how those oldies keep besting it up and rehashing the same old tale over & over again until their in plague proportions :lol: :D

Did he ice-skate on the river when it froze of a winter? ;)

I guess the visibility is pretty good then.

Has there been any monitoring of the hatchlings post-release?

:p

Hix

There will be monitoring by both AFTCRA and the EPA!
All hatchlings have a notch code to identify that they were bred by us and what year they were bred in:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back