APS - Useful Info

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

grahamh

Reaction score
I just read something that Craig said in a post that reminded me of something I was planning to ask for some time.

There is a lot of really good information in our forum postings about snake care - lots of ideas and different ways of doing the same thing. The problem is trying to find it. I know we can search but it's not always easy to figure out exactly what to search for.

Is there any way that we could somehow catalogue this detail. There must be some tools out there to help. We could then maybe produce a CD and sell it for say $10 a pop to whoever wants a copy and the money could go towards some good herp cause or back to the running costs of the site.

What would be good would be the ability to have a list of major topics eg. Enclosure Heating or Coastal Carpets or Breeding Beardies etc. and then bringing up the info that was related. This could then go into the Articles directory and maybe onto the CD.

G

what was it I said that reminded you of something?

Hi Craig

just that you look through old posts so that you don't have to ask the same old questions. I've done this and it's very time consuming and as the archives grow it takes longer to find all the good stuff.

Maybe there should be a Best Of APD CD Vol1...2...3...

Graham

alot of the times the posts start with some good info but alot of people get side tracked from the topic. It can be very annoying sometimes.

i think that would be a great idea ,but when it comes to all the breeds of snakes,lizards turtuls ect would they be on the same cd or each have there own

I think the first thing is to find out how easily it can be achieved and then how to go about producing updates.

G

alot of the times the posts start with some good info but alot of people get side tracked from the topic. It can be very annoying sometimes.

Well now that you mention it, yes, it does happen sometimes.

Herp Help

Actually, Hawkeye started something like this a while back, in Herp Help FAQ. 'Twas a great idea, but I guess he hasn't had time to add to it. :cry:

Maybe we could take a few forum topics and add them to this section.

Probably the major problem we will get is if people don't agree with the advice given. For example, I reckon Breeders Choice is a terrific substrate, far superior to anything else, but a few people may disagree (ducks for cover) :?

David

I don't think that everyone has to agree - you'll never gfet that. Personally I'd just like to be able to bring up all the related posts in a way that would let me compare different views and then make my own mind up. I just wonder how easily it could be automated - the last thing we want is to have to do it manually.

Would be a great resource though.

hey sounds cool and we could have the debates on a 'APS goes wild' CD :D

I think we can't doit any other way then manually. I have to ask junior.

Yep its a substitute for good old batfeathers! nothin like em for soakin it up!lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back