Are men supposed to understand women?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Men are from Mars (right) - women are from Venus.

And this is clear in the stated planet's atmospheres.

Venus - full of CO2 and is the 'hottest' planet in our solar system despite being the second from the sun and Mercury being so much closer.

CO2 is of course the by-product of talking. Lots and lots and lots of talking.

Mars - a waterless planet...

Anyhow...

This arose because of that 'boring to be a snake' thread. Waterrat turned it to being cool because of the sex organs and then others turned it around to male snakes trying to get into female's cloacas....

Is that really what it's all about (of course minus the cloaca and hemipenis)?

I personally think it possibly is - from at least a male point of view.

But the female point of view seems quite different.

Does the courtship really need to stop?

What causes that?

I still laugh at the greatest thread that this site ever had - a young woman puts up pictures of herself in various provocative poses - and many males claimed to 'not see the snake' she was holding while many females felt that it was distasteful and not well regarded.

Me - I just stated the mating rituals of humans...

The poser stated she did it because it made her feel good...

I still claim that the 'prehistoric' brain suggesting she was mate-able was what made her feel good....

So I was talking to my loving and beautiful girlfriend in the weekend about kids and 'sharing'.

I was surprised that when I told her of our prehistoric brain and our requirement to hold on to possessions like the pack animal we are she claimed that she must be more evolved because she'd sooner starve than see one of us starve (including me)... So maybe that just shares a similar view to the lions... The lioness hunts, catches, kills and then gives the food to the males, the cubs and finally herself...

I don't profess to understanding women... I most certainly find it difficult enough to understand myself.... But really - is it as simple as trying to 'mate'?

Or....

The poser stated she did it because it made her feel good...

Umm....did you mean 'poser' or 'poster' :lol:
In the context of the post you are referring to, 'poser' may be correct ;) :lol:

The rest of your post was far too deep for me.....:lol:

Umm....did you mean 'poser' or 'poster' :lol:
In the context of the post you are referring to, 'poser' may be correct ;) :lol:

The rest of your post was far too deep for me.....:lol:

Poser is correct... she was a 'poser' - do you recall the thread?

LOL... Slim, you have far too much time on your hands!!!!!!

Maybe that's my issue - it's time...

Well come summer hols I will have more than enough time on my hands to contemplate...

Girlfriend at home... daughter going to NZ... and me... Cruising from Cairns to Melbourne.... Ahhhhhhhh Time...

So maybe that just shares a similar view to the lions... The lioness hunts, catches, kills and then gives the food to the males, the cubs and finally herself...

I don't profess to understanding women... I most certainly find it difficult enough to understand myself.... But really - is it as simple as trying to 'mate'?

Or....

Just to be picky.... cubs eat last in a lion pride ;) At least, I'm pretty certain - I've watched a lot of Nat Geo in my time... Kitah probably knows for sure :D

But, aside from that.... I personally don't think it's just about mating :D I think more than anything, it's probably about company. Even more than procreation, humans and our primate counterparts rely on companionship and acceptance to survive. Then, out of that "community/family" survival tactic, comes a system of procreation. For most human, that's monogamous. For primates, usually a harem, with some sneaky males hangers-on for a bit of genetic variation.

So, I actually think that you are probably best off looking for someone that accepts you lovingly with all your flaws, and you do the same with them, than to just look for the best looking guy down the pub that night ;) But, I'm biased because I'm in a sickeningly happy, monogamous relationship :lol: BUT, I know my partner, at the end of the day, doesn't always communicate very well and can be a bit self-centred in his thinking at times, and he knows that I can be a bit idealisitic and unrational and a little crazy some days. We've accepted those things, and worked out a system with which to remind each other to try a little harder some days, or, compensate for the behaviour and love each other through it, anyway.

That said, I have ended relationships in the past based entirely on the fact that the "mating" side of things was totally crap, and beyond acceptable :lol:

That's my two-cents worth. I think it's about finding someone who accepts you, and this includes the community, as well, which is why people feel defined by their jobs and hobbies because those are the circles we run in, and hopefully enjoy.

I think your gf isn't more evolved - that's just that maternal instinct thing kicking in. Women can't help that. I jumped in front of a moving car one day to push my stepkid our of the way of it - didn't think, just put myself between him and danger, and he's not even my offspring! But, he is part of my family unit, so the theory still holds. I saw a kid in NT fishing with mum n dad fall over the bank into croc-infested river. Mum automatically jumped into croc infested river (even though it wasn't going to help much), and they both had to swim about 50m up stream to a part they could scramble up. Survival-wise, not great moves on our part, but it's just instinct so, like me, she probably acted without even thinking.

Do I think the courtship should stop? ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! :lol: I want to be accepted first, then treated a bit special, most days if possible. And if a man can do that, the "mating" part should take care of itself :lol:

"she'd sooner starve than see one of us starve (including me)..." only until you feel asleep.

The female instinct to nuture is strong, the instinct to survive is stronger.

"she'd sooner starve than see one of us starve (including me)..." only until you feel asleep.

The female instinct to nuture is strong, the instinct to survive is stronger.

Is she the one eating all the cheesy crackers over night?

I think women and cheese-tasting carbs might also be a deeply-embedded instinct....

It starts with cheesy crackers and builds to finding your mars bars and snickers missing from the fridge.

Keep count of how many beers you have in the fridge.

You women bring interesting points...

However - should the men really be 'peacocking' themselves out by playing and wooing to their respective audiences...

When does this sexism stop?

Another comment about purchasing 'gifts' for your girlfriend - when I asked, but why aren't you purchasing me gifts? She replied, it's a mans job, not a womans...

Sexism...

So I need to go buy a gift for my girlfriend now... I know she likes powertools... Well, I think she indicated that much... She said she wanted a new iron... But I really think the one she has is good enough.

I need to wooooooooo....

The problem is (and always is) our pack of five is all female and me (and Pais the coastal carpet) are the only males... Plus the occasional visit from Simba the cat - but he's had the chop chop so he doesn't really count.

I'm really out numbered and it actually doesn't make for easy living - with three pre-teen females and one 'adult'... All I know is this is going to be MUCH easier than three teen females and one adult...

Do I hear - get out while I'm still young and alive?

It starts with cheesy crackers and builds to finding your mars bars and snickers missing from the fridge.

Keep count of how many beers you have in the fridge.

Hoarding for the youngens.... instinct. Can't help it.

Slim.... ummm... I think I would buy something sparkly as opposed to a power tool... This could be where you're going wrong...

Slim.... ummm... I think I would buy something sparkly as opposed to a power tool... This could be where you're going wrong...

What about a sparkly powertool?

Drills tend to sparkle a lot when held up to the light.... I guess I could always paint it with the air compressed spray gun I could also purchase for her....

What about a sparkly powertool?

Drills tend to sparkle a lot when held up to the light.... I guess I could always paint it with the air compressed spray gun I could also purchase for her....

You're right - the years with 3 teenage girls are going to be tough on you, mate ;)

i dont need to understand my lady i just need to live with her ( which i know can be hell of alot worse )

using kirsty 07 - lions dont live with the pack they come and go which is to a point what i do come in , pleasantires , how you going , your day , she gos blah blah blah blah i say whatever wont matter what i say she still going on, she grabbs the wallet takes all the cash and cards now shes happy and i am not ! does the world get anybetter than this NO !

live with them and tolerate them

suck it up

i dont need to understand my lady i just need to live with her ( which i know can be hell of alot worse )

using kirsty 07 - lions dont live with the pack they come and go which is to a point what i do come in , pleasantires , how you going , your day , she gos blah blah blah blah i say whatever wont matter what i say she still going on, she grabbs the wallet takes all the cash and cards now shes happy and i am not ! does the world get anybetter than this NO !

live with them and tolerate them

suck it up

:shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back