Are my pythons hibernating?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Firsttimer09

Reaction score
Iv just moved houses and its pretty cold atm where i live (birsbane) My snakes enclosure is now outside due to realestate and at first only my eastern coastal python wouldnt eat but now my other python also.

Its coming to winter in general so are they hibernating or is something wrong. none of the heating in the enclosure had changed. iv made it hotter now to see if that makes a difference but it hasnt.

Iv moved them up to fuzzy mice, because thats what theyr ment to be eating now.. and they have eaten them before, so idk if thats a problem?

any thoughts?:(

if the temps havent changed,
Maybe just stressed from the move?
im sure they'll kick back in when they are hungry.
after i moved none of mine are for just over 2 weeks. and they've always been good eaters.
imo, i wouldnt be too worried yet.

have you checked the temps at night? you might find the cool end of the enclosure is too cool, get a thermometer that reads max high and low that way you will see what the night time temps are going down to.
If you are only feeding fuzzy mice I take it they're very young so you don't want to let them get too cold.

Maybe they are settling into their new enviroment,and considering the weather is getting alot cooler most pythons go off their food anyhow...

Book

Any reptile owner should by themselves a book.

Could be stress, could be the temps, could be just going off their food due to cooler months .
Have you got a shed to put them in? I would'nt be leaving them outside. All it takes is for someone to spot them (and by that I mean the wrong person) and they are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back