are some of my eggs bad?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
i'll try and get pics tonight but 5 of the 6 eggs swelled a little which i know is normal but one didnt very much, also one that did has a little offcolour patch on it, how do i know when an egg has really gone bad?

Did u candle them? What sp.? what setup are u using to incubate?

no, is it to late to candle now, i'm using an esky with a heating element in the bottom, it works well for bird eggs, thats how well it can keep the temp, but so it should, thermostat is worth around $300

I never remove eggs until you know they are well and truly dead- in otherwords the smell is horrendous. I had python eggs last year and two went a really horrid colour and they hatched fine. Believe me when they have gone bad you will know.

Simone.

thanks simone, they been cookin for bout a week, to late to candle now?

Eggs

I often checked the eggs, i used a torch like a maglite. If your able to post pics that would be great but don't panic just yet. I'm sure the ggs will be fine.

Simone.

awsome, i totally forgot to take pics 2nite and i gotta get off the comp now but i'll take some now and post them tomorrow

here are egg pics, you can see 2 of the eegs are a little smaller then the rest, what do you think?

Attachments

• eggs1.jpg
    eggs1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 58
  • eggs3.jpg
    eggs3.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 51
  • eggs2.jpg
    eggs2.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 58
untill they cave in or go realy hard i would leave them as i have had dragon eggs that are very small and go black and still hatch out fine.any way good luck and i hope they all hatch for you.

awsome, thanks for that info krusty, i really hope i have luck with these

Last edited:
Totally agree with you Krusty.
They look fine to me Hornet. Keep us posted with the progress...remember pics or it didn't happen. All the very best with hatching them buddy.

Simone.

dw, as soon as i get hatching pics will b on their way, they been cooking for almost 2 weeks now, how long should it take to incubate?

Last edited:
Just a suggestion - You may want to indent the eggs into the vermiculite a little deeper. Prob 1/2 the egg. I have learnt it it helps the egg with gas & water exchange easier. JMO

Good luck Hornet. Remember to take notes. It's all a learning experience.

using i fine light like a mag light (previously mentioned) to see if there is blood vessles within the egg comfirming there is growth and eggs are viable, best to do once first laid as it's easier to see the irrodesent effect of the light through the egg to pick up any sign of life/growth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back