are theses cane toads in vic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Reaction score
hi
can you tell me if these are can toads in vic
pics

Attachments

• DSC00116.jpg
    DSC00116.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 221
  • DSC00115.jpg
    DSC00115.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC00113.jpg
    DSC00113.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 189
You didn't give them the Cane toad treatment right?... lol No i think they are Banjo frogs

cane toads are bigger than them too, they grow rather quickly. Toads look like poo brown and are dang ugly too! very easy to tell. You can also tell by their poison glands behind the eyes/ near their ears. even at the small size you can get them to excrete a milky white/yellow discharge from the glands but do be careful if you do get it from a toad... VERY poisonous!! don't get it in your eyes

What you have there is a Banjo frog as stated.

Here are a few Cane Toad pics for you to save and keep for future referance.

1st photo is of very young Cane Toad, as you can see, its tiny
(Check out the size of it compaired to the sand)

2nd photo is of a toad about the size of a 20cent piece.

3rd photo is of an adult on my hand.

4th photo, shows the venom excreted from the glands on the toads sholders.

Attachments

• toad 1.jpg
    toad 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 101
  • toad 2.jpg
    toad 2.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 100
  • toad 3.jpg
    toad 3.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 100
  • toad 4.jpg
    toad 4.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 126
Andy, that's great to post the different sizes. I think most people would know an adult toad(no, I'm probably wrong there!) but I can see how therecan be lots of confusion with the smaller ones. Often confused with Ranidellas and Uperolias. Good to see a photo with the toxins coming out of the parotid glands and the stump through the head!

arent cane toads just so cute, i actually love there eye, it is quite a nice looking eye! a good subject for a nice macro, ill see if i can dig up a photo to give you an idea of what im talking about!

A reptile person in Outer Melbourne has been caught attempting to bring back several live cane toads, and he calls himself a conservationist!!!

super soaker water gun + detol + salt + isocole rubbing alcohol = great target practise.

keeps my nephew quite for hours in summer.

super soaker water gun + detol + salt + isocole rubbing alcohol = great target practise.

keeps my nephew quite for hours in summer.

Native or not, cruelty says something about a persons personality.
I am all for conservation hunting and do my fair share of it but do everything in your power to make it quick and humane. No animal should have to suffer for your amusement.

ranch head, i strongly agree. If we tortured creatures in terms of their environmental impact, I hate to think what me typing this, let alone my entire life will put me down for. perhaps death by papercuts. :)

And cane toads in an ecological sense aren't even all that bad. In Australia - they are. In their native country, they are actually not even common.
I agree with mattmc, they aren't ugly, their eyes are stunning. A gold that looks worth millions! They're only ugly because society in Australia says they are bad and bad = ugly.
But they can be beautiful in their own country, in Australia I kill cane toads, but do it humanely. Would you go and torture the people who brought them to Australia? The toads didn't organise the trip themselves...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back