Are this eggs OK?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

This is my first clatch of eggs from young coastal female.
They should be about one week old.
Please comment if they looks ok. I am newbie in breading.

All look 100% perfect to me. The reason the ones on top are a little caved in is becasue they are at the top of the clump and dont recieve as much moisture as the ones on the bottom do.

Yeah I had polystyren box as laying box and since she laid inside, I just cut the polystyrene and left it under the eggs.
I hope they are fertile.

Yeah, i agree. They shouldnt be caved in like that after only one week. They should still look as plump as when they were laid. They still look good though, and should swell a little bit when humidity rises in the egg container.

Could the polystyrene possibly suck moisture from the eggs with them sitting on top?? I've got no idea, just asking.

Actually Slatey, were the eggs removed the same day as she laid them or was she left with them for a week and then removed? If she was left with them for a week then the eggs will shrivel or sink a bit like they have in the pic.

I had same impression Afro. I used mix 1l vermiculate to water 100grams to 100grams.
But I aded today bit extra water. Mabe the eggs can't suck the moisture that well becaose they are on polystyren?

I understand they may have been in the enclosure for a couple of days with mum because some hoon was fanging around a dirt track on a motorbike and then couldnt walk. This might account for the wrinkling. I suggested a mix equal weight water/verm. Not concrete on that advice as anyone with more experience as gladly listened to.
I dont think the styrene absorbs moisture. Dont forget the gladwrap.

Hi S man ,
need to ad more water little bit every day untill those eggs fill out
eggs look very dehydrated, remove that white thingy
Best of luck mate
Roger

I can't remoove this white thing. Eggs are laid on this polystyren and glued to it. Would remooving them damage the egg?

push the vermiculite up aroud the base of the eggs it mite help

I have never had snakes with eggs....But I am pretty sure that removing the polystyrene will damage the eggs if they are stuck to it...

Can someone who is experienced agree??????

Also...just an idea...would lowering the polystyrene and eggs lower into the verm/water mix lift the moisture/humidity around the eggs ...allowing them to draw in the moisture... eg. verm/water mix covering lower half of the bottom row of egss?? Dont hold me to that.... Just an idea...

I want someone to who is experienced to aggree/back up my ideas........that is "if they are correct"?????

Slatey, for what it's worth I wouldn't be mounding the eggs with vermiculite after putting more water than vermiculite in. With the eggs being on that polystyrene it is the humidity that will count more than the "ground water" so just monitor them for now and if they don't fill out in the next week you'll have to do something like mounding but increase the amount of vermiculite to match that of the water and mix it well before you do so. I must stress here that this is just my opinion.

I've had eggs look like that and they hatched just fine.
They don't look all that collapsed to me, more just wrinkled.

my brother has nearly a 100% success rate with his eggs only ever losing minor quantites over the last few years and he runs his incubator at 100% humidity

Thank you all for helping me. I will post another photo in few days here.

cwarren72 said:
my brother has nearly a 100% success rate with his eggs only ever losing minor quantites over the last few years and he runs his incubator at 100% humidity

100% success with losing minor quantities... (contradicting isnt it...)

I agre get the humidity up asap and bury the polystyrene in the vermiculture and all ten will do fine, (nice looking eggs too, as they are quiet big)
Congo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back