Are this eggs OK?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the eggs look just fine to me. shouldn't have any probs, if they are meant to hatch they will.

hi surfcop24,
lol, i think you read it wrong, "nearly a 100% success rate"
he runs his incubator at "100% humidity"

cheers,
steve.........

hi slaty,
most of my eggs that are on top look the same, after advice from roger about adding extra water i tried to, but only got them to look a little bit fuller, they are due out around xmas and all are still going strong, i think they will be ok, just try adding a little water to see how they go,

cheers,
steve........

I dont see why some of you are so worried about the foam. Its a water repellant, so its not taking in any moisture, and the moisture that goes into the eggs is humidity, so the foam is not rellevant at all in this factor, its as good as not even being there.

Slatey,
if the eggs were mine I would do the following...
* trim off the excess foam back as close to the eggs as I could (don't know what the effect is but don't like it). Make sure the eggs are not tilted too much because the embryos are not tolerant of this.
* Make up another 50/50 mix so that you know its spot on again.
* Put the eggs in the new mix, burying them so that one half of the bottom row of eggs are covered only
* Do not spray any other water anywhere
* Wait patiently and you should get hatchlings

The eggs look excellent except they are more caved in than they should be at the stage they are at. Although their permeability is greatest in the first day or so they will still take up water for a while yet and should peak in about 3 weeks time. If you choose to do what I have suggested above I think they should be fine. Don't worry about the top eggs being more caved in than the bottom ones. When eggs are in a clump like that they tend to work as a unit and will pass water between them. So the bottom will feed the top. However, for this to work and given that they are a bit underdone in the hydration department, I strongly advise that you cut off the excess foam, get the mixture right and cover the bottom half of the eggs to allow the water flow.

Good luck ..... Doc Rock.

Thank you all for opinions and advice.
I will keep you informed.

All eggs are still OK and they are starting to cave in slowly, docroc told me that this will happen on the last 14 days of hatching. It is 41 days after she had them. I am hoping for success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back