Asian House Geckos

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are very hardy and are highly recommended for beginners. They are native to NSW and are fine at cold temps (7.9C) and avoid temps over 31C, They are very easy to breed, Sound to Vent length is about 7cm,
I did however find a down side to them when reading Keeping and Breeding Australian Lizards by Mike Swan and that is that they are shy and photophobic. I have not kept these so hopfully some one with experience can tell you a bit more on that.

- - - Updated - - -

i believe all native reptiles need to be on license in NSW!

Ok like I said I was not sure on that, It must have been vic,

Thanks to those with constructive replies. Trench, i will give them a go instead.

Even the Asian geckos would be nearly invisible during shop hours as they are active at night. I hardly ever see them around my dad's place in Bris until late afternoon at best and certainly no calls until after dark when they chirp their hearts out. I would be inclined to go with the photo presentation too.

Oh and I asked my question earlier quite sincerely and my post was intended constructively... what would you do with Asian geckos once you didn't want the display anymore, they are a pest species afterall.

Is it even legal to have a reptiles on display in a commercial setting (in NSW) without a zoo keepers permit?

I live on the mid north coast of NSW and you can hear them at night all around us.They are a pest for sure.
haha i was about to say i live near coffs and ive found them at my house so there definitely in nsw how far down i dont know

Thanks guys, Im all sorted now. I got plastic lizards instead. Less hassle

I've lived in Sydney all my life & only ever seen native geckos!
Just moved to Qld though & there's about 50 Asian geckos at my house & only 1 native one :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back