asking for refund

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news! Good to see there are some good, caring breeders out there! Hope the little girl gets better quickly

Hey guys,

The girl just had her third needle today since being home from the vet and she still has the lump under her throat. It's been 10 days since the vet visit is it normal for it to still be there? The lump only appears when I take her out of the enclosure though and she makes a crackling noise when it appears. Also when I do give her the needle a little of it leaks out is that normal? She's on Fortum injections.

Thanks

I only had a couple of injections where they leaked afterwards....Umm how many do you have to give her? I got 9 for my girl (plus the one she had at the vet). It didn't really start clearing up until the third or fourth injection, but when it clears, it clears fast... Also, she continued wheezing until the second last injection....

How often are you giving her injections?

She had two injections at the vet and I have another 5 to give her- one every three days.

Yeah that should do the trick, once they kick in they kick in hard and you'll notice her pick up fast. If she hasn't cleared up completely by 3 days after the last injection I'd be taking her back to the vet.

Yeah when my boy had a RI a couple of years ago I had to take him back to the vet when the shots were finished so I thought that was routine so I was going to take her anyways after the injections are finished. She hasn't been lying on the heat anymore which I don't know is a good thing or a bad thing. I'm hoping it's a good thing cause before the injections she wouldn't move away from the heatcord. I'll just keep an even closer eye on her.

hi, i had a snake come into my care that has now become mine full time as the owner didnt want it after the vet bills started adding up. He has had a rough trot with RI (throat bloated, blowing bubbles, clicking etc). Went from Baytril injections that werent strong enough, on to fortum injections combined with 2o mins a day in a sealed click clack with a nebulizer hose with fortum or baytril in it, (cant remember now) as well as having his lungs flushed. It took him nearly 4 months to come good. He handled it really well, with everything that was done to him..all the while he ate regularly, grew well, had a few bad sheds, but I just soaked him wet toweled him to get it off. Now he is really good. He is snappy and bitey, but given what he has been through that is ok with me, I just dont handle him much, only to change his substrate. He will still blow out his throat sometimes when you pick him up and can make a click sound (rarely), he has been back to the vet about this and she says its just something he can and does do now. It was confusing at first as I thought he had the RI coming and going, but he was tested a couple of times and I was reassured that its something he just does now and then. I hope you dont have to go through all of that. My vet was so good too, she ended up charging me for one consultation plus meds for 5 days a week for a few months.

ok so bit of an update...

after finishing the fortum injections it looked like she was totally clear of the RI... she was showing no signs or symptoms however today I had her out and noticed again that she was clicking and had a closer look and every now and then she would puff her throat. I've never seen her puff her throat while in her enclosure; only when I have her out she does it? Could it just be a response to being held? As the first time she puffed it today was when i accidently made a sudden movement and frightened her?

Or could she not be clear of her RI? I would hate to think it's something I'm doing wrong? I have two other snakes with the exact same set up and they're fine? The thermostat is set to 31 and is an off/on one so it drops about 3 degrees before kicking in again but I emailed the previous owner and she said the temps were 24-26 during the day and 28-30 during the night so the temps I have her are higher than she is used to?

The vet up here opens back up at 3 so I have to wait till then to try and book her in but any other help would be appreciated.

since mine had the RI he puffs his throat out and clicks now and then when you pick him up. I took him back a couple of times as I thought he had an RI again, but he didnt, he can just do that now and i'd safely say that he just does as a response to all the trauma he endured with it.

If your worried take him back for a check up, but I think you will find they just do it now and then.

keep up the antibiotics for at least 2 weeks (some vets even suggest a month) after you think the RI is gone. They have a nasty habit of recurring if you stop treatment too early.

I purchased a Stimmie a few years ago from a pet shop (will never purchase anything again from a petshop again) and she developed RI almost immediately. The Pet Shop covered all the vet bills without any questions.

It did take her a few weeks of antibiotics and injections to get over it. However for probably the next 12 months when shedding and for a day or two after she would again show the signs of RI with a puffy throat and crackling noise. This was put down to the stress of shedding bringing it on, buit she was then strong enough to overcome it once she settled back down after shedding.

This was a few years ago and she is now in good health, although she is a fussy feeder and I have been unable to breed her despite trying the last two seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back