Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan123

Reaction score
Hey all ive seen this zoo-med product called aspen bedding its a substarte specialy for snakes and i was wondering if anyone has/does use it. im just interested in how the snakes act when u put it in and what cleaning it takes also if its necaccary to feed out of the enclosure with it becuase i have a few snakes that wont eat out of their own enclosure.

They use it quite commonly in the U.S. I know of a few ppl here tht use it and think it is ok. Bit expensive imo

I have heard of the Aspen bedding but haven't used it.Does anyone know of any other substrates like that,but are cheap and easy to clean?I like the look of the wood shavings.

i use woodypet or auspet but im thiniking bout aspen becuase it looks more natural than auspet

Did you see itavailble out here or any that yank mag with hosers dribble on tiger snakes

I use the Kaytee brand in some display enclosures. It looks nice and very easy to clean. Only draw back is price, it was $39 for a large bag which admittely was enough for 2 small cages for about 4 months.

Be carfefull with wood shavings guys...
Many companies are machining chemically treated timbers with such chemicals as
Chromium ****nic copper tributyl tin and permethrin.Also some species of timber that have a naturally high durability rating have a higher incidence of naturally occuring toxic chemicals than
some of the manufactured ones.An example would be Cypres Pine.....
Just do your homework before using....
If unsure find out the name of the producer go to their website and download MSDS..

I use fake grass.
Cost abit more to buy it originally but its a one pruchase item because all you do is have a few pieces cut and when dirty just replace. to clean take it out the back hit it with the hose and disifectant and ready to use again

Why don't you just by a bulker bag of Cyprus shavings. It's nearly identical to Aspen (same plant family) and about a third of the price in bulk. It's available from some landscape supplies. It's great for lizards, and BHP's and Woma's IMO.

Definitely no other wood shavings are suitable for reptiles, in fact cedars and pine can be deadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back