Assist feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeprincess

Reaction score
I brought a blonde spotted hatchling and wasn't told he had been refusing feeds (not happy) after 6 weeks of not feeding and starting to look skinny Shane Simpson decided to assist feed. So he had a extra tiny pinky mouse when should I offer him another feed I forgot to ask and Shane forgot to tell me :p

as a hatchie he should eat every week, so i would wait 7 days and offer him a pinkie and see how he goes.

I would give it a week before you give it another try. Sometimes you will have to assist feed more then once but they usually get the idea after the second or third time. Just be persistent. Ive found if they don't take the food close the cage give it a minute and catch them off guard.

Why don't you just give Shane a call instead of asking on a forum? Most Vets are happy to confirm advice over the phone. But yeah a week sounds about right.

Why don't you just give Shane a call instead of asking on a forum? Most Vets are happy to confirm advice over the phone. But yeah a week sounds about right.

Because when I rang Shane wasn't in and I was curious, have confirmed with him today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back