Assistance required - Morningside, Brisbane

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrasse

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I have to worm two rather large docile olive pythons. This involves inserting a tube to the stomach of each.

I don't have a problem doing this, however, I do have a problem holding an 8 foot plus olive python and tubing it at the same time, by myself.

I am seeking assistance to hold these pythons while I do this. Sure, I could ask a neighbour or mate, but would rather someone experienced with herps helps me out here.

Muscles not required. Just experience with herps.

Beer and Pizza supplied. :)

Please PM or email me.

[email protected]

Thanks folks, I now have someone to give me a hand. :)

Watch out Olives... here it comes ! ;)

hey wrasse
how did you go?
did you get any help? im sure you would have found someone, if not send me a message and I can ask a friend to help out.

That was answered by Peterrescue somewhere else but he basically said that the worming medicine needs to be put in the stomach but if you inject it in the food then it doesn't get absorbed into the system until further down the intestines. Make sense?

I've heard of people using lengths of pipe if a diameter slightly bigger than the snake and slight shorter than the length of the snake. Once they crawl through, you grab them just behind the head and they can't move. Never done it myself, but thought the idea might be useful.

It sounds workable.

To stop them spitting the medicine back up, I could drill a hole in the head end of the pipe, attach a rope and hang them upright for a couple of hours. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back