Aussie Sun MVP help?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

billyh

could i use a 100w aussie sun MVP in a glass tank 4ft L x 40cm h x 35cm w for bearded dragons. do they need a thermostat. any help and ideas will be very appreciated.

sorry meant Aussie Sun Mercury Vapour Bulb, can anyone help me.
im just worried they could start a fire or get too hot.

Hello

Hello,

I am not familiar with the brand of mercury vapor bulb, I don't think it has been tested for safety as far as UVB emissions.
Where was the bulb made? China?
Most of the mercury vapor bulbs are pretty decent, but you need to use them with caution.
You will need to use a ceramic base dome light fixture that is rated at least 2 times the wattage of the light bulb just to make sure that the light fixture will handle the wattage going through it.
As long as the correct light fixture is used, & the light fixture is not touching anything that it would melt or get too hot, & the cords are plugged in correctly there normally is not a risk of fire.
The tank should be at least 40 gallon to support the heat that it puts out so your reptile will not get overheated & the tank can support the proper heat gradients. Sorry, never mind! Your tank is plenty big to support this bulb then. The distance requirements for most mercury vapor bulbs of 100 or 125 watts are usually 12-14 inches.

Tracie

thanks for the help im going to use the a socket that is made for flood lights so im pretty sure it will support the bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back