Australia Zoo Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

-Matt-

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
The final stop on my Sunshine Coast holiday I decided to visit Australia Zoo for a day out, heres a few random pics out of the couple of hundred I took for the day. The main purpose of this holiday was actually to scope out out the area for a seachange...after my time here I think I have decided that I am going to be moving to the area :)

http://img218.imageshack.us/i/dsc0441z.jpg/

Great photos Mattsnake. I haven't been there for 8 years.

Great pics! thanks for sharing.That GTP is looking pretty hormonal!

Now you've gone and got me all excited, i'm going in a couple of weeks. Any particular suburb you like? I moved up from Sydney 4 years ago and haven't looked back. It's a great part of the world around here

Can't believe they took their bloody nice bells lacie off display to erect that statue of Steve, Terri and kids in it's place!

Now you've gone and got me all excited, i'm going in a couple of weeks. Any particular suburb you like? I moved up from Sydney 4 years ago and haven't looked back. It's a great part of the world around here

Im going to be moving to Caloundra as thats where my sister and her partner live, It definatly is a nice place up here. Once I meet some people it will be great!

Serpenttongue I was also disapointed that the lacie was gone since I visited last.

Heres a full body shot of the chondro...she was so beautiful!

nice pics....am heading there on either wednesday or thursday, will def be having a sticky beak at the GTP to see its colours....

Fantastic pics!!! They would look good as postcards................. you sure you didn't copy postcards??? hmm????? lol naw, seriously great pics...... wish I was that good!

PS whats that in the fifth pic???????

your photography is amazing matt! did they have womas there? if so were they the brigalow belt ones? would love to see a pic or two. also did you see many wild reptiles roaming the park, I was amazed at the amount of water dragons running around when I was up there.

Nice pics mate.
I haven't been to the zoo since i was a wee little kid and your thread has inspired me.
Thinking about planning a trip to Taronga. Should be a good day out.
Thanks for sharing your pics mate ;)

your photography is amazing matt! did they have womas there? if so were they the brigalow belt ones? would love to see a pic or two. also did you see many wild reptiles roaming the park, I was amazed at the amount of water dragons running around when I was up there.

Yes they had a pair of what I believe are QLD womas but have no idea on exact locality. They were also both in shed so I didnt take many pics as they werent looking their best. I saw hundreds of wild water dragons...they were everywhere.

Thanks for the kind comments everyone.

Fantastic pics!!! They would look good as postcards................. you sure you didn't copy postcards??? hmm????? lol naw, seriously great pics...... wish I was that good!

PS whats that in the fifth pic???????

Thank you :)

Fifth pic is a death adder.

They are QLD womas dont know there locale. But there is 3 in that enclosure not 2. The blue condro is a beaut. You came at the right time as the rhino iguana's enclosure has only been open for a week. We would love the lacies (plus some other cool things we have) to be on display but we have to wait for more enclosures to be built.

Great shots :) My friend went up there and thought it was amazing. I have to go sometime!

They are QLD womas dont know there locale. But there is 3 in that enclosure not 2. The blue condro is a beaut. You came at the right time as the rhino iguana's enclosure has only been open for a week. We would love the lacies (plus some other cool things we have) to be on display but we have to wait for more enclosures to be built.

Oh I could only see 2 womas in the enclosure. It looked like they are building a fair few new enclosures around the place...will be great when they get the lemurs, cheetahs etc on display. Would definatly be an awesome place to work...you are very lucky.

where did that blue chondro come from,it wasnt there when i went in feb,march or july?havent been there since so it may be new?i have noticed there is a xmas party at the australian reptile park,maybe we should organise a trip to australia zoo next year for a aps gathering(those who live closer to australia zoo than the australian reptile park)

These photos are amazing. You did well to get it through the glass!! every time i go there i can never seem to get past the smudges on the glass or the reflection. or it could just be my camera.

Im from the coast and love it here. especially the beaches :D

I love the Australia zoo ...and the water dragons are everywhere ...be good once all of the enclosures are built ..They need to put on a "decent" snake show ,educating AUSTRALIANS and OVERSEA TOURISTS about AUSTRALIAN SNAKES ...instead of using the exotics ...about my only beef with the place, other then that ,its one of the best zoo's I have ever been too.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back