Australian Air Express (Pt 1)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bendarwin

Reaction score
Ok,
After seeing the thread last week on the lack luster performance of AAE and a missing Bredli I started to get a bit nervous about my Bredli making the same journey next week (but to Newcastle). After chatting with the seller (true blue) I rang around all the airports and depots he will be visiting to ensure a smooth trip. Everyone I spoke to from AAE were very helpful and considering they knew nothing about reptiles and it was a bit of a novelty they were quite keen to help me out and avoid problems. I believe that the problem with AAE is that no one really knows for sure what the go is with "snakes on a plane". I spoke to a guy called Warren , he is the operations clerk in sydney and he was extremely helpfull, I got all the info I needed from him and now I am all set........ I hope. There are a few things I learnt today that may help people in the future. especially in NSW.

QANTAS Link will not transport reptiles
JETSTAR will not transport reptiles
Any reptile going to rural NSW will need to go through small airlines.
It is worth sorting out step by step everything that will be going on during the freighting of snakey and this will ensure no suprises.

I hope this helps someone and has reassured people in AAE service. Stand by for the actual outcome next friday.

Ben

iam sure it will go smooth think ours was just bad luck and it was over easter weekend not that iam defending them the queensland manger is still doing his investigation's as he says this would be one of the biggest stuff ups they have made.

AAE dont do freighting to newcastle anymore i think. Well thats what they said to me?

Cameron

AAE will only transport to and from the major cities now as they have had too many problems with the small airports (opening hours for freight) This came straight from the director at Sydney. Thep problem is that - as you found out - most of the employees dont know much about reptiles and are trying to be helpful without finding out the full story. I had taken some animals to Sydney to go to Newcastle and had to bring them home again as they dont freight there. We had to use a courier - overnight. Make sure you get names and their position when getting any information, it is the only way you can track back any information. Make sure you speak to a supervisor or manager and get them to check there latest regulations while you have them on the phone to save a lot of unnecessary trips and hassles.
Sue

I had taken some animals to Sydney to go to Newcastle and had to bring them home again as they dont freight there.

Indeed, as I said, the sydney newcastle route is done by QANTAS Link therefore you can not freight directly. You CAN get reptiles freighted to Newcastle via Brisbane by AAE(They use Brindabella airlines). It took over an hour of phoning around to confirm it but I got there in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back