Average summer night time temps for a bredli python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search weather stations near ellery big hole, glen Helen and Stanley chasm and plot records for summer over the past years.

cheers
scott

When you consider the locale they originate from when overnight temps can drop into the minuses, any average room where temp overnight doesn't drop below 17c is fine.

Ok thanks the lowest temp drops to 21c at night it use to be like 28c at night but I lowered the the temp on my thermometer to stay at 23c at night but I can't quite reach the acquired day time temps which should be 28c-32c it's only reaching to 25c-26c but I'm not using the heat light during the day I use a heat mat underneath the enclosure where his rock hide is so he can thermo regulate in your opinions is this sufficient?

You're up in QLD - there is absolutely no need to have a heat source for your snake at night.
Just make sure the wattage of your heat mat/light is sufficient to get to the ideal range during the day - which for a Bredli (I find with mine) is between 30-34c rather than your standard 28-32c.
If you've simply dropped your thermostat temp to get a lower temp at night and thats why the day temp is too low - FORGET ABOUT NIGHT HEATING. Just have it off at night and set at the right temp for the day.

How big/old is your Bredli?
How big is the enclosure?
What heat sources at what wattages are you running?

If you're not using the heat light during the day and you can't get the desired temperature... then use the heat light?

Simply turn off the heating at night, it's just not needed during Summer.

I have kept a wide range of Pythons and Lizards and dont heat anything at night (southern Sydney), Bredli get frozen at night during most of the year.

During the day I have a hot end which is 35-37 and the coldest corner of the enclosures is about 23/25, they spend all day in the hides at the coldest end, then they both come out at night and bask under the heat lights which at the moment runs 24/7, I will be turning night heat off shortly once it warms up as my snake room can get very cold at night as there is no heating out there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back