Awesome Find

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know it's captive bred? There's a healthy carpet python population in Stanthorpe here in QLD, and believe me, that place is incredibly cold. It's being known to snow there. And just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't there. Go and check a few dozen ceilings, I bet you'll find a shed skin.

You could always hang out by a water source if your somewhere near bushland...I did that last year and saw quite a few reptiles come down for a drink..

I live in Oberon, not far from Lithgow, I doubt Strathorpe would come even close to as cold as round here Sxereturn. Minus temperatures are a dailly occurence in Winter, several good snowfalls every winter, and an altitude up to 1250 m, these parts of the great dividing ranges are known to be some of the coldest areas in Australia. I doubt there are diamond pythons here aswell, even though they have a range extending into Victoria there would surely be many pockets that they dont live in.

Hey Parko, How was the new year pal?
Contacted NPWS today and theie response was not to advertise for a lost snake, the lady said i would have 100 idiots ringing up to claim it.
So as they suggested i sent off a stat dec today with all the info and its mine to keep, legal and moral as far as im concerned.
You snooze you loose.
For what it is worth i believe who ever lost the snake wasn't doing a good job of caring for it if they lost it.
Its got a nice home now, matter of a fact it took a juvenile mouse tonight.
Cheers.

Sxereturn
Im an electrician, i work in rooves every day, have seen a pair of Cunnighams Skinks in a house at Tarana, 40kms west of here, but never seen a python.

good on ya switch. if someone lost the snake its their own fuilt

Good for you Switch mate, you've let the authorities know so enjoy your new fully legal,conscience clear,free lucky totem pet. But aren't you selling all your reptiles? Didn't take much to change that around heh? :wink:
And the new year is like the old year so far,not all of us find beautiful pythons saying keep me, keep me!

hmm maybe i can convince the wildlife department that the baby goanna out the front was someones pet and didnt stand a chance in the wild :)

hehe, fair enough.
Cleaned out the enclosures on the weekend and fed the little buddies, awefully hard to let em go, but we'll see what happens, got a few interested people.
It wont worry me too much if they dont sell, put it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back