Awesome Olive Python Pic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magpie said:
Yeah, you're right - I hadn't applied such solid logic!
After all, Olives are the only large, constricting snakes...

Large brown constrictor with pale belly found in northern Australia and capable of eating a wallaby?
You give me some clues what else it could be?

'Large brown constrictor' - Other sp. than an Olive are that colour (not neccessarily Aussie)
'Found in Northern Australia' - I must have missed the locale sign in the photo...
'Capable of eating a wallaby' - Capable of manipulating Photoshop?

Sorry, but I'm a skeptic after some of the 'real life' herp pics I've seen...

Oh, you are soo right, it is in fact a phascogale using your logic.

Magpie said:
And using yours, it could have been grabbing a unicorn.
Sorry, it's in Australia isn't it? A bunyip then!

You win - I'm over it... :twisted:

BTW - Thanks. I'd never heard of a 'phascogale' until you mentioned it.
Thanks to Google (and yourself), I've learnt something new.

No, that's using your logic that what is shown in the picture is not what is real, it's all been edited.
My logic is simply that without reason to disbelieve it, I'll assume it's a real pic.
You still have not given a single realistic option what it could be except an olive python?

This photo was taken by a german tourist at karijini nat. park. (near handrail pool if anyone knows the area).
The pilbara olive (L.o.barroni) was unable to lift the waterlogged carcass up to the ledge and eventually gave up on the meal.
These are the facts of the photo, but by all means let the a.p.s conspiracy theory continue.
nothing like a good scandal.

Thats one big ole snake.

Wouldn't wanna meet him in a dark alley (or up a chimney hey Shamous!!)
hehehehehe....

Beats me why there are no follow up photos. :(

It would be good to see the sequence here. Surely he didn't stand there, watch this happen, know the snake dropped it's dinner and not take any more pics during the process ??

Bigblackdog said:
Magpie said:
Sorry, it's in Australia isn't it? A bunyip then!

You win - I'm over it... :twisted:

BTW - Thanks. I'd never heard of a 'phascogale' until you mentioned it.
Thanks to Google (and yourself), I've learnt something new.

You must have missed my last poll, there was mention of a phascogale in it (a repugnant phascogale).

People assuming that wallaby is so much larger than it is always reminds me of the old cartoons where Sylvester the cat is continually confused :) (maybe it's actually a North American rodent). Some macropods are tiny, the snake quite likely wasn't a particularly large one. Regardless of the size of the animals, it's a very beautiful picture (to those who aren't offended by bloated carcasses).

Beats me why there are no follow up photos.

It would be good to see the sequence here. Surely he didn't stand there, watch this happen, know the snake dropped it's dinner and not take any more pics during the process ??

I agree Wrasse wheres the follow ups????? Its a sick photo if it is legit.........(spelling?????) If the guy took one photo, wheres the rest??? Could you see yourself sitting there taking one photo of that olive trying to attempt THAT :roll: without taking more??? I dint think so!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back