Axanthic Black-headed pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen anything like them here. Paul Harris is pretty much at the forefront of morph breeding.

funny, i actually noticed them only yesterday aswell, only thing was there wasnt a large pic to see what they really mature into.

They look hot! Check the price out though... and that's in pounds! Makes a gtp look that much more affordable! :lol:

Yeah but they all have GTP's already, they only pay $800 for them so they need something to spend the money on :lol:

True boa... still, it equates to roughly $A50,000 a pair (for the non hets) :shock: would love to have that much spare cash to buy herps with!

The photos he has in the for sale part of of babies and to me they don't look any different, in the other photos he has one with a gold chin, these look to be the same as the Ochre BHPs that the Worleys are breeding at the moment.

Other than that i can't see whats so different in the for sale photos, just look like normal pale hatchlings, would be interested to see some adults though.

From UK pythons site:
bhp3.jpg

Here's a Ochre BHP hatchling . The adults can lose the black pigment altogether .

I have an axanthic. Just waiting for photobucket to work again then ill post pics. They are not at all like those pics that has been posted. Axanthicis a lack of yellow dermal pigments. Therefore the snake is black and white. My male is getting more black and white every day. It was the last 2 snakes that the breeder had and was half the size of a normal black head as they hatched out as twins. Its tail is a little shorter than other black heads but i guess there is not a lot of space in one egg for two hatchies. Its an incredible snake and am lucky to have picked it up for just $600. I am actually trying to track down the brother of that one at the moment. There is also an article in the new Monitor magazine with one of Neill Sonnemans axanthic snake. Very lucky I guess. Now I just need an albino black head and I will be able to produce snow black heads!!!!

Yes MH that sounds exactly like Pauls axanthics. I look forward to seeing the pics.

If they're jpeg files, don't use quick reply, click on post reply at the bottom of the page then click on add attachment, select your file then click on upload attachment.

denver and troy kuligowski are also breeding them from the same line as the worleys.

they are stunning snakes and they also have an adult female that is very similer to the pics on uk pythons,

nick

My friend here in the states hatched 3 Axanthics out of a clutch of 10 this year.
http://www.selectiveorigins.com/BHPresource2.htm
Here is a link to Matt Turners resource page. If you scroll down to the last few pictures you will see the Axanthics and a normal hatchie from the same clutch.

We also have the "hypo" or "ochre" and we have a line of BHP that loses it's color pattern as it ages.
Very cool what is happening with them over the world.
Just found out about a guy here in the states that has some REALLY yellow BHP's. Not as yellow as the bumble bee but really close.
Heard these are in Europe as well.
Cheers.
D.

Some beautiful looking BHP's there Derek. Those are most definitely Axanthic, the brown or yellow has been replaced by grey. Jealous. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back