Axanthic???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carpetpythonmorphs

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Here are some of my Grey or B&W or are they possibly Axanthics?
The photos show the grey as a bit brown but this is because of the lighting and exposure, otherwise it IS in shades of grey. Fairly ordinary looking but I kept them because I am dreaming of finding Axanthism.
I have more too!

Attachments

• Grey Atherton.jpg
    Grey Atherton.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 227
  • Grey Cape York.jpg
    Grey Cape York.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 264
  • Grey Coffs Harbour.jpg
    Grey Coffs Harbour.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 219
Middle pic is a good looker. There is plenty of work to be done before anyone can claim Axanthic animals IMO.

throw it over an albino. Raise all those possible double het animals. in 3 years breed them back over each other and 1 in 16 should be a 'snow' animal. Will take you a few years to prove it out though.
If you get any snows they were axanthic.......

Thoughts?

Attachments

• Picture206-1.jpg
    Picture206-1.jpg
    295.5 KB · Views: 174
Bought as a Cape York Collin nice animal hey?
The first one is a true blue Murry Darling also a stunning example.
Was thinking of putting a rpm to the Murry to increase colour?
Regards Rick

How bout these???
15+ Year old adult....
DSC04542.jpg

DSC04541.jpg

Others...
DSC04851.jpg

DSC05243.jpg

The bedding makes it look more yellow/brown than they are.
DSC04756.jpg

DSC04852.jpg

Rick...this one is similar to yours. (IMO)
DSC04874.jpg

D.

Bought as a Cape York Colin nice animal hey?
The first one is a true blue Murry Darling also a stunning example.
Was thinking of putting a rpm to the Murry to increase colour?
Regards Rick

yes great looking animal rick.. my comment was directed at the animal CraigP posted though. cheers

Thanks Colin, but i was after thoughts on wether it may be Axanthic, i dont think it is, but its similar to some of the other animals posted.

jungle python.. unknown locality but my guess mabe an atherton x tully?

:lol: yes I know but I really didn't want to comment on that aspect because no matter how much an animal may "look" axanthic visually it doesnt necessarily mean its a genetically axanthic mutation until its proven by a breeding..

those are some HOT looking carpets you posted derek..

Here's a comparison, posted before, Julatten and a supposed Axanthic. Pics taken same day minutes apart....definite difference, as Col says only time will tell... ;)

Attachments

• ivory female 7.11.jpg
    ivory female 7.11.jpg
    356 KB · Views: 135
  • male B&W 7.11.jpg
    male B&W 7.11.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 143
Southside morelia,

Was that 2nd animal purchased from Cutting-Edge Morelia?

Cheers

Southside morelia,

Was that 2nd animal purchased from Cutting-Edge Morelia?

Cheers
Hey Kenno, it was purchased from Brett a couple of years ago as a hatchy...if your wondering he did use my pic on his site....lol

I do have faith in Brett's call on this animal as he has proved this line, from what I have been told and shown.

With credit to Zac and his fantastic ability to put a tag on his line of animals.... he does have some crackers, which I own a few....

Thats very exciting!

Im curious though, what is their mode of inheritence?

Cheers

Probably best to ask Zac...or maybe visit his site as he has a spool on this line, from memory. I can only hope that what was sold to me, proves out and I can conclusively confirm Zacs line... I'm sure you can appreciate the comment, as these animals were sold to me as "Axanthic" animals which they look like, but I didn't breed them.
Could be exciting Kenno or maybe is just a one off ivory jungle/carpet...lol

Hope it proves out for you Southside.... though the guy seems to hatch 20 new morphs in every 13 egg clutch he hatches...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back