Ayva Shed Lastnight.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darwin-Girl88

Reaction score
Mount Gambier, South Australia, Australia, Austral
Ayva had her shed last night which was absolutely awsome to watch :D she started at about midnight i watch for about an hour and a 1/2 hen i went to sleep and woke up at about 4:45 am and she was still going and just finishing the last half of her body Hope u like the pictures i do :)

Attachments

• P5020577.jpg
    P5020577.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 84
  • P5020578.jpg
    P5020578.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 83
  • P5020579.jpg
    P5020579.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 80
haha that is really cool =] im waiting for mine to shed for the first time with me! suspense!

yeah i think thats what im going to be like... i know itll get old eventually but for now its very exciting =]

i hope i get to see mine now =] ive been misting her a bit and her eyes were blue a couple of days ago... so it should be happening soon!

haha theres nothing better then watching a snake ( drink / shed ) if you catch them in the act its awesome to watch i love my collection i have a snake shedding almost every fortnight + so much fun to watch

yeah they go blue and then around a week after they shed is my understanding... mines were only blue for a day as well =]

Just a small thing but.... be very, very careful using sticky tape anywhere in an enclosure (I noticed it on your hide). If a single bit of it gets stuck to your python it can be very nasty and cause real damage to the scales.

haha theres nothing better then watching a snake ( drink / shed ) if you catch them in the act its awesome to watch i love my collection i have a snake shedding almost every fortnight + so much fun to watch

wow ur lucky woody101 every fortnight
...i could handle that haha i cant wait to get a little boy for her which i will have in about 6 months

Just a small thing but.... be very, very careful using sticky tape anywhere in an enclosure (I noticed it on your hide). If a single bit of it gets stuck to your python it can be very nasty and cause real damage to the scales.

yep ii know that why ive made sure its stuck down well ive gotta get some other tape to do it better her hide is a fish tank log that ive just put an end on....havnt had a problem yet but i wanna make sure i dont have a problem
Thanx darkHorse

Im watching my woma jeffrey like a hawk,he is getting ready to go today.his eyes were blue for about 4 days,yesterday they looked normal and today he is all itchy and scratchy on his rocks.it's the coolest thing to watch when they leave behind an empty copy of themselves.and the way it smoothly and silently peels away.....freaking awesum.

How big is the snake? I watched one of my hatchlings shed from start to finish in about 15 mins haha.

Nice snake ;)

How big is the snake? I watched one of my hatchlings shed from start to finish in about 15 mins haha.

Nice snake ;)

She is about 70cm long not sure why it took her so long apart from maybe it was just to dry so it was more of an effort but yeah took her ages

Im watching my woma jeffrey like a hawk,he is getting ready to go today.his eyes were blue for about 4 days,yesterday they looked normal and today he is all itchy and scratchy on his rocks.it's the coolest thing to watch when they leave behind an empty copy of themselves.and the way it smoothly and silently peels away.....freaking awesum.

hell yeah sookie it was wicked getting up this morning to her being finished and hearing my kids tell me that she had shed was wicked so it was the first thing i did this morning was take it all out of her tank :)

my bredli shed last night!! she was rubbing her nose when i went to bed so i thought she would... but its still exciting =] its like waking up to find a present

Naw Rach, that is SO cool! I'd love to see some pics of her now... I bet she's bewdiful...! She's going and growing quite well, obviously! :D Thanks for sharing this special occasion with us!

Best,
Carolyn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back