B&W Type Jungles

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I felt left out by not being included in your general "everyone".

I'm busting like you wouldn't believe.
I'd love to watch her move, And just to check out her amazing patterns and colours.

Please post up some pictures when you feel she is settled a bit!

It's nice to see a new keeper with a keen yet patient attitude. You should do just fine!

Thanks mate,
I'll be sure to post some pictures.
I'm not looking to make money out of my snake keeping, I'm doing it for the hobby.
I've got a lot to learn about every thing.
But that's what keeping is all about(for me anyway)
As long as what's best for the animal/reptile comes first.

Cheers for your help. and your opinions!
I'll be sure to keep you up-dated, Only because I wont be able to help myself.

as I said Ciircz Im taking 2010 orders.. 2009 julattens are pretty well booked out.
2010 season I will have up to 7 julatten females up for breeding so with luck should have a few hatchies available..

and Im taking 2010 orders for spiderwoman as well.. she hasnt even laid yet this season but had a prelay..
and as Ive said tio numerous enquirers > anyone interested.. please email me (see signature) not pm. cheers

Last edited:
Thanks Colin, I will be looking for a male down the track,
But for now I'm really happy with my Female.
I'm out of money at the moment.
She's out of the bag and in her hide.
She's looking pretty snappy. So I'll let her be, and settle into her new home.

Cheers!
Luke.

Thanks Colin, I will be looking for a male down the track,
But for now I'm really happy with my Female.
I'm out of money at the moment.
She's out of the bag and in her hide.
She's looking pretty snappy. So I'll let her be, and settle into her new home.

Cheers!
Luke.

no probs luke.. just clarifying in general :D

glad your pleased with your new jungle.. some julattens are a little defensive but most of mine are very calm and easy going animals..
she should start to calm down once she settles in and starts to get used to your routines etc..

remember though > keeping jungles is not a hobby... its a way of life :D and addictive..
cheers

Haha, I can understand that.
It's been one day and I'm hooked already.
Is it best to remove her from her enclosure as fast as possible before handling her?
So she doesn't have time to think my hands are food.
I know I'll get bitten learning to handle, It's part of the game.
I'm just interested in the best way possible.

Use a hook in combination with your hands if you need. Removing the snake quickly, and not stressfully, takes both practice and luck! There's no need to get bitten, and it can cause mouth problems in the snake sometimes too, so best avoided. Biting the hook is worse, though, so don't persist if she's just repeatedly biting.

Haha, I can understand that.
It's been one day and I'm hooked already.
Is it best to remove her from her enclosure as fast as possible before handling her?
So she doesn't have time to think my hands are food.
I know I'll get bitten learning to handle, It's part of the game.
I'm just interested in the best way possible.

told you she was good! he brought her around to my house to have a look at her (before he was selling), im glad you got her i believe the photo doesn't do her justice! . jungles are addictive thats for sure! please put some pictures up when you get a chance id love to see how she's looking! she'll know your hands aren't food (unless you've been playing with rats) so biting/striking can be a defensive reaction, feeling threatened etc, you can do things quickly but gently! if she's ohk at letting you use the hook let hook her up onto your hand and gently let her travel over them... she will get used to your handling but keep in mind she'll just need a bit to settle! :D congrats again! it seems strange ive seen you snake :lol:

told you she was good! he brought her around to my house to have a look at her (before he was selling), im glad you got her i believe the photo doesn't do her justice! . jungles are addictive thats for sure! please put some pictures up when you get a chance id love to see how she's looking! she'll know your hands aren't food (unless you've been playing with rats) so biting/striking can be a defensive reaction, feeling threatened etc, you can do things quickly but gently! if she's ohk at letting you use the hook let hook her up onto your hand and gently let her travel over them... she will get used to your handling but keep in mind she'll just need a bit to settle! :D congrats again! it seems strange ive seen you snake :lol:

Haha thanks.
It does seem a little weird you've seen my snake, You know more about her than I do.
I just put her in a tub ad fed her two mice. She rejected the third.
She's now back in her hide. Although I do feel better now knowing she has eaten.
I'll give her time to settle now, so we can learn with each-other.

You wouldn't believe it, but I have finally got some pictures of my baby.
They're only phone quality for the moment, Because I'm still saving for my DSLR.
So dont expect too much, haha.

nipps007.jpg

Just letting you know that the second picture is a joke.
I'ts taking the pee out of every 16yr old girl on myspace.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now I've got to get my hands onto a male.
And then maybe one day I can experience being a dad! Whoo.

She's been good with handling, once i get her out she calms down a fair bit.
She's only striked at me once whilst I've had her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back