Babies dying after feed!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that.
Everyone seems to think its because of the pinkies..
Might it be because the snakes were not healthy themselves with some sort of sickness? After all they weren't eating to start off with..maybe in the end they died as they didn't have enough strength to regurtitate (sp?) 'safely' or eat properly or something...?

i always worry bout losing a baby or 2 in a clutch but am resigned to the fact that in the wild how many survive.. i know alot are killed by predators but a few out of the cluctch could well have defects or just be weak, or have a disease, wen ur talking up to 20-30 hatchlings all arent gunna be healthy aye(100% sucess is pretty rare isnt it) just my experience
tonks

sorry for ya loss mate i know exactly how u feel!!

sorry to hear your loss mate.

I hope things work out with your snakes in the future.

Last edited:
Hey peoples,

thanks for all the well wishes.

i understand that an autopsy would have been good, and in normal circumstances i would have, but have other considerations (a dog that is costing upward of $1000 in vet bills so far this month, having to sell a house after a split with fioncee etc...) so unfortunately i cant spend the cash on an animal that cannot be saved.

my adult snakes are doing very well, that is why this was so disheartening. the stimmy are such an easy goin snake. none of the babies ever struck and were quite curious about exploring my hand when in the click clack. i only handled them once each as they had not been eating.

the both sucessfully digested and excreted a couple lizards each so it would appear their insides worked.

if my snakes breed this season (i didnt intend for them to last season - they do live in the sam eenclosure though) i will be much better prepared. and will find me an interested, experienced local to help me - hopefully.

Cheers
Stew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back