Baby Beardie Feeding Question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danma

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Our baby beardies (6 Weeks old) have been eating crickets well since we got them, but I have tried to give them woodies, one of the dragons eats 20 (very small ones) or so when I put him in the tub, but the other one doesn't want to know about it and hasn't eaten any of them. I am still feeding them crickets as I don't want them to have nothing, but the one eating the woodies as well as the crickets is twice the size of the other one. Any idea's of what I can do to get him to try them. Thanks Leanne

Hey danma,
We have 2 beadies about the same age. 1 loved his crickets the other was more of a vegetarian for ages. The one who ate crickets grew heaps bigger than the other one and we were getting worried so asked the vet on his last visit. His advise was every herp grows at different rates and will eat what they want, when they want. Now the smaller beardie is into the crickets and catching up fast. So I'd say don't worry unless they stop eating altogether, they'll try stuff when they're ready and end up close to the same size eventually....
Cool pets tho!

Hi Debaig,

Thanks for that, I will just keep trying and not worry if he doesn't try them. Neither of them are eating any veg's at the moment I put it in and just throw it out. They are cool pets we are having fun with ours.

try mixing the vegs with apple puree or dog food (casserole). Might get them trying it.

Hey danma, so you say one of the beardies eats 20 or so when you "put him in the tub". Does this mean you move your beardies to feed them? Why not try leaving them in their enclosure? One way to get beardies onto vegies is (if they like mealworms) to put 3 or 4 small mealworms in the vegie mix, usually the beardies go for the movement of the worms & get some salad while there at it.

Hi Owzi,

Yes I moove them into the tub that has the woodies in it because if I put the woodies in their enclosure they run up the sides and out the gap between the glass. When i put him in the tub he just sits there and picks them off the walls as the container has Fluron on it so the woodies can't get out.

Leanne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back