baby beardy decided not to eat

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashisnothereman

Reaction score
hi guys, my young beardy refused to eat today which came as quite a shock as he pretty much does back***** at the site of bugs in the tank. he is still very active and carrying on in the usual way but is showing no interest at all in the small woodies i offered (happily eats woodies), drinking water i offer, ate a dandelion flower earlier as well.

just after some reassurance that this is normal and he just isnt hungry today.

cheers.

he should be fine. every now and then one of mine will decided not to eat for a day or two, and then all of a sudden go nuts for them again. if it drags out though and this becomes a constant thing. refer to my advice in the thread which i have made a link for below on pages 4 and 5. hope it helps, but it shouldn't be a problem. good luck.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/...hatchling-beardie-help-required-127678/page-4

cheeers mate. hopefully it doesnt drag out. he gets a bit scared of me from time to time. maybe killed his appetite.

cheeers mate. hopefully it doesnt drag out. he gets a bit scared of me from time to time. maybe killed his appetite.

get him ut every day and spend as much time as possible with him patting him on the head and under the chin. guarantee he'll learn to love ya. try giving him a bath too. sometimes they love just having a massive drink to boost em up a bit. some get a little nervous in the water at first. but again, they'll come to love it. i have 9 now, and i reckon the bath is about there favorite part of the week. (for most of em anyway, lol)

give him a bath and handled him for a bit then offered him some woodies and he snapped them all up!

i find the more handling you do of baby/young lizards the more stressed they become and the more problems u will have regardings eating and general health. in my opinion and experience i would leave them for the first few months and get them eating and shedding and healthy first.
cheers
mel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back