baby blue tongues not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knicko

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my baby blue tongues dont seem to be eating they drink alot of water and seem to be happy

He/She maybe shedding? My baby blue was with me for a week when I noticed his scales starting to dull, he stopped eating, became reclusive and then drank a lot of water and the shedding process began.

Possibilitty is because its winter. They should be brumating soon but if they are still active maybe bump up the heat.
If that doesnt work there may be other problems.
What are you feeding them?

i reckon most likely coming up to shedding. Mine do the same thing - go off their food and get cranky and thirsty. they will eat again when they're ready.

Could be a combination of shedding and the cooler weather. One of my 4 juvies has been reclusive for 2 weeks. He / She has finished shedding, and is becoming active again.

As Peter said, try bumping up the heat and see how it goes.

my baby blue tongue doesnt eat a few days before he sheds, and doesnt eat again a few days after shed too

--

Thanks guys...i was told to feed them peas,mince and cat food i have put bits of all in and the still wont eat i was told to have the temp around 26 its at 27.5...what should it be at? and what would be best to feed them?

Thanks knick

mine eat all the time, whether they have skin hanging off them or just starting. Shedding doesn't seem to worry them.

--

What temp do you keep them in? and What do you feed them?

I have a localised hot spot and the rest is ambient temp.
I feed mix of fruit and veg with some meat. usually chicken or roo mince and sometimes meat and veg cat food. Also chopped egg and dandelion flowers or what ever else is handy. I suggest you take a look at bluetongueskink.net for more info from bluetongue enthusiasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back