Baby crocodile stolen from Victoria festival

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

News Bot

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
A BABY freshwater crocodile called Joshua has been stolen during a demonstration at a Victorian festival.

Published On: 21-Mar-11 02:31 PM
Source: By Michelle Draper via NEWS.com.au

Go to Original Article

bound to happen with the way his reptiles are handed out at demos

A low act alright, but why would you allow that particular person to handle it again after he had already tried a couple of times...

Might be putting him up on a pedastool higher than deserved -
"We're talking about a well-planned heist," Mr Hoser said.

How can it be well planned when several attempts were made and he wasn't successful until the end of the day!

Bad what he did, and I hope they get the guy. Just don't agree that this guy should be made out to be smart in anyway.

just maybe, they may have been different people on the stand through out the day. Hope the thieving dog gets caught.
cheers

It’s a pity someone stole the animal (for the animals sake) but its expected at that level of demonstration, animals all over the place and being flung on children. He seems to have a lot of problems with theft. In saying that theft can happen to the best protected displays where staff are well trained, professional and alert so it’s something all demonstrators/displayers need to be constantly aware of and on top off.
I hope the croc is ok

6:12pm edit.
Changed some of my comments from my last post as the company called me up complaining about those comments, It seems they spend half the time harassing and slandering other demonstrators but have a cry over 2 factual comments (1st hand reports) made about current news.

Last edited:
Ah good old lettuce munching Ray.He is such a hoser.

A low act alright, but why would you allow that particular person to handle it again after he had already tried a couple of times...
yeah it seems a bit odd , theres no way in hell i would have allowed him to hold it again after the first time he tryed to nick off with it .

Funny my kids said to me at the Pakenham show that they were surprised that a. None of the reps got stolen and b. That it was a miracle nobody got bitten! We were disgusted by their demo at the show. To say snakes were being chucked on people was an understatement! One girll was shaking a BHP while the two young guys were too busy texting their mates. There was no way they were keeping a proper watch on the 12 - 15 kids in there.

Then to top it off one of the guys came over to another wildlife/reptile stand a fair distance away with an olive around his neck and started making a nuisance of himself by getting in front of their staff and handing out business cards. It certainly left a bad taste in our mouths!

I wonder if it was a special croc with the bite gland surgically removed.

Condition 11 of a Reptile Demonstrator permit in Victoria clearly states the following;
11) Possession and demonstration of wildlife under this permit must be conducted in a manner and proximity which minimises the risk of wildlife escaping or being stolen, stressed or injured in any way.

Ray is NOT the first person to have animals stolen during a display/demonstration, nor is this the first animal he has had stolen by his own admission on other sites. Many demonstrators here in Victoria run this risk every time they do their displays and allow members of the public to have reptiles given to them under minimal supervision.

Its unfortunate that the croc was stolen, and can only hope that it is safely returned or at the very least well cared for. On the other hand though, reading reports of the conduct of the presentation it seemed almost like an open invite for somebody to steal. I just cant understand why you conduct a show in such a way, its asking for trouble, not just with theft but public saftey/ liability. I do public shows from time to time, theres no way Id be permitted to conduct a display in such a fashion, let alone would I want to for my own professional crediblilty.

Agree 100% snakehandler and will also admit we have had this problem once before but changed our tactics to make sure it never happened again, also don’t agree with or condone theft; whoever it’s done too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back