baby dainty tree frog not eating

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FrogLegs

Reaction score
friend found a dainty tree frog in a fruit box and brought it to me but i cant get him to eat pinheads? any suggestions?

Perhaps it is to stressed, try leaving it alone and try at night. Flying insects like flies and moths seem to get their attention well.

how would u like to be taken from the wild. ???????????????

Where are you, its illegal to take frogs from the wild in QLD, just so you know

lol, we didnt take it from the wild. he was found in a fruit box at a boost juice bar.
i think he may have been stepped on cause one of his hands is red, like bruised.
just need to know how people hand feed them please.
cheers

Keep him away from any of your pet frogs and get in touch with a wildlife rescue group straight away, by the sounds of that it could have Chytrid fungus.
If not chytrid it still needs medical care

hand feeding probably wont work, just leave some fying insects in with it and leave it alone for a while in a dark sheltered place.

It would seem to be a bit of a legal grey area you are in, however a unlicenced person can legally keep limited numbers/species(including gracefuls) of wild caught frogs but only when obtained from your own property :?

If you told qpws they would probably have to kill it or give it away to be kept by someone else. Just dont let it go what ever you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back