Baby Diamond Shedding!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pythline08

Reaction score
Hey everyone i was wondering if anyone could help me i have a baby diamond python and i last feed it on the 9th of march he was due for a feed on the 16th but started to show signs of shedding (milky eyes) its now the 21st and he hasnt shed and also we has not been feed cause i thought that i shouldnt feed him until he has shed. This is his first shed with me so i am a little nervous. he has also been in his hide the hole time through the dates i have given you. Is this normal does anyone have any advice.

Thanks for the help!

Just wait till he sheds. It can take a while after you see the milky eyes.He will be fine.

it should be normal as that is what my snake does when he is about to shed because he eats every now and again when in shed mod but hides for a while so yer i think it is normal

I have a bubba carpet and he takes about 9-12 days from the time you notice the milky eyes, and he stays in his hidy box too! :eek:) I think they get a little grumpy because its itchy...make sure your water bowl would be big enough for it to have a soak in it because I have found mine swimming under the water when its about to shed softening up the skin...I have also found that the eyes generally clear right up before it sheds but you can see the skin looking a bit dusty or dirty...

Hope that helps a bit...
Jac

Hi I am not sure about Diamonds but I have a spotted hatchie who just shed tonight. Sorry can't take any credit as I didn't really know it was happening. Seen on one of the threads to raise the humidity by placing a little water dish near the heat mat. 3 days ago when I thought it might be a possibility I put a milk cap extra of water over the heat mat and topped it up every day. Voila tonight when I went to give the normal feed he/she grabbed it before I even noticed a complete skin in his/her click clack. He/she didn't even skip a meal.
Oh well I will leave it to the experts. But imo the humidity rise helped.

Ok i feel a bit better as my new baby diamond has done the same thing. he's been hiding alot. he's due to feed on friday but has shown signs of shedding so i dont think i'll feed him till he sheds. i've also heard that diamonds are quite good doers (dont need as much feeding as most carpet pythons). the guy i bought mine from had one that just wouldnt eat for about 4 months, it was very small but was happy + healthy still :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back