Baby Lawsons Dragon Help!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alias

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I purchased a baby Lawsons Dragon about 2 weeks ago, and up until mid last week he was very active and eating like crazy. In the past few days he has begun shedding, and hasnt eaten in 4 days, he still drinks whenever I mist him however. But today he has just been laying in the enclosure like a rag doll, I picked him up to give him a bath before and he didnt even move, which is unusual compared to a week ago when he wouldnt let my hand near him. I placed him in the container to bathe him and he just floated there with 1 eye open for 10 minutes and now he hasnt moved from the spot/position i left him in when I put him back in the enclosure after the bath.

I'm using a exo terra 10.0 UVB tube fluroscent and my cool end is around 30 degrees and my hot spot is 43 degrees, which he usually loves spending the day on.

Is this stress related to his first shed, and should he start eating again soon? Or should I take him to a vet?

Thanks

Last edited:
totally wrong for him to be lying there like a rag doll, shedding can affect appetite, can make them a bit grumpy, but it wont do that.

has he been pooing?

sounds like impaction (lizard term for constipation)

if hes already weak/limp u might wanna get him to the vets asap, normally warm baths, apple sauce, pumpkin mush, a drop of olive oil and heat can help, but by this stage he mightnt have the strength to push. (obviously u can try all this till u can get him to a vet)

no solid food till he goes, lots of fluids till u get him there.

good luck, i hope he passes something,....

The poor little guy just had a seizure and died! I wish I knew what went wrong I thought I had everything perfect for him. It could of been impaction as you said, altho he was on reptile carpet, but im also wondering if I was overdusting his crickets with calcium/D3. I was dusting once daily and he was eating twice, usually 2-3 small crickets each time.

Last edited:
really sorry to hear that. :(

a couple of dusted crickets a day isnt excessive dusting.

impactions can happen from slightly too large crickets, (they should fit within the space between his eyes to be the 'safe' size)

baby beardies have such thin intestines they can tear easily if impacted, maybe thats what the sudden fit/death was,...

again, im really sorry for your loss, its a terrible feeling to lose an animal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back