Baby Long-Necked Turtle - Feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

melrick

Hi,

I have a Baby Long-Necked Turtle about the size of a 50cent piece, I am feeding him 1/4 of a block of 'Frozen Turtle Dinner'
(Brand: Fish Fuel Co.) every afternoon, he doesn't eat all of it, so i take out what is left. Should i be feeding him in the morning aswell or is just the afternoon ok?

Thanks,
Matt Elrick

Is this all you are offering him? He may love a wider diet than that. Bloodworms, shrimp, feeder fish, cichlid pellets. It is important for him to have variety - like us ;)

Once a day should be fine. And it is excellent you are taking out what is left - alot of pple leave it and it fouls the water and cause all kinds of probs.

Yes as Adandiluvsmyreptiles is spot on the money there! They need a bigger variety of food. How would you like eating weetbix your entire life lol. Try Bloodworms, BrineShrimp, Live Shrimp, Small Feeder Fish, Small Turtle Pellets, Ocean Plankton, theres an endless variety out there lol! (P.s. Long Necks are more fussy than Shortnecks i find!)

Thanks for the advice. Yes that is all i am offering him at the moment, tomorrow i will go and buy some shrimp and bloodworm for him. Should i offer him it all at once or say frozen dinner one day, shrimp the next, and them bloodworm the day after etc.?

Thanks,
Matt Elrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back