back from the brink of death

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scaleycraig

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HI all.

Anyone who has seen my recent threads will know my luck with dragons is bad. But NO MORE!!

Mark my newest dragon was on the brink of death last week. It was too much and we took drastuic steps here to ensure he got food - force feeding with a plastic pippette every day for 4 days about 3 drops a feed - about the same as 2 reptile pellets. Since then he has been given Ca + supplements (rep-cal) with food (chicken and veg baby food) , regular wettings (to combat dehydration ) and at least 40 mins in sun.

He has come back with a vengence - this morning consuming about 10 pinhead cx (4 dusted).
hes moving around the tank , eyes open a lot mjore and just looking more alert and upright.

Im stoked cause I tells ya - he was about 20mins from dying.

I have also moved his light up (50W tight beam sun glo)to 40cm , The UVB was remomoved reptiglo 10 , last week and all lights are about to be replaced with a Mercury UVA/UVB/Heat.

duration of light has also been reduced to 3 hrs morning - 2 hours off - 3 hours afternoon.

His symtoms were

lethargic
eyes closed all the time
anorexia - ribon thin
wouldnt eat or drink
lying flat
seeming no strenmgth
"depression"

When I get time Ill post before and after shots

Thanks to everyone who was involved in this esp kirby and Jason L for their PM's

to all respondants --------AWESOME----------- you are all responsible for saving little Marks life.

Tnks.

CC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back