Background attempt

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent005722

Not so new Member
Reaction score
been planning to spruce up a huge empty display enclosure I have. Been looking at dendroboard threads(they're great) and most of the ideas are from there so this isn't made up by me haha. Well anyway the enclosure sits in a n opening of a wall and can be seen through to the other side. So there will be two halves to the background(one on each side). I have decided that one half will be a tree with an exposed root system while I'm still undecided on the other side and it will probably depend on how this turns out. Been putting off starting it for a while because I had a few unknowns and didn't want to screw it up but found out what I needed to know through another member of the site.

Ok well anyway I made the trunk of the tree just from chick wire stapled to ply on both sides to create a semi circle. Then at the bottom I used a whole bunch of different sized pipes to create a root system I chucked a pot plant in half way up the tree and clogged it up with expanda foam only leaving 1 hole open with a pipe running down to avoid water running into the inside of the trunk. Then I covered the entire thing in expanda foam and have bark in the oven which will be glued on with either liquid nails or silicon and I will be filling any gaps with coir peat pushed into black silicon. Enjoy. I'll post updates as I go.

Last edited:
Thats a great idea about doing the sides so you can see straight through. It will all take shape when the peat moss is added. How are you colouring the tree trunk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back