• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Pythons and Snakes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Background

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nell70

Not so new Member
Reaction score
My husband is building our Murray
Darling carpet python a new tank and I am trying to
find some backing for it such as they use for fish
tanks only not aquatic, does anyone know where I
might find this? I guess what I am really after is an extremely good online store for reptile supplies such as Accessories to make a really nice home for him.

Most petshops will carry reptile background around $3.5 a FOOT (30CM)

Good question, I've wondered the same thing as I've only seen aquatic ones, or those fake rock backgrounds (made of fibreglass etc) for ridiculous money, so I'd like to know too.

Alternatively, I've considered finding a photo (royalty free of course) of a bush or outback scene, and getting a local printer to crop and print it to size like a poster print. With the right shot that would look fantastic IMO......

we sell a reptile one , sorta sand/rocks scene....... seems to be the only one avalible atm though... might ask the importers if they can get some more.....

Spend the bucks and go a universal rock backing. I found canberra excotics to have best range and price too. They have all sizes to suit your needs. Really easy to apply and makes your cage a top looking environment for your herps. Here's the olgas 6x2ft which i halved for two 3ft enclosures. Impressive, not the cheapest but imo the best.

Last edited:
I've seen two non-aquatic aquarium background patterns, one is a continuous drawn desert scene, and the other is a continuous photo of a grey rock face.

I bought mine at an aquarium store. Its worth having a look at your local aquarium supply shop, because both the non-aquatic patterns were on the back of normal aquatic scenes.
Some of the background rolls are double sided with a different pattern on the back, so its worth having a closer look.

PS. I have the rock-face one on the back of my Central Netted Dragon tank, and the little buggers think its real and keep trying to jump up and climb it!

Background complete

Well I am extremely proud of myself.

I chose to become creative and paint a mural all over the inside of his new enclosure. It is very jungley.

This new enclosure is absolutely mammoth for our big boy. It will be like a great big jungle palace for him. It measures 1850h X 1620w X 700d and has a shelf half way down which is only 2/3 of the width so that I can put a ripper big tree branch in for him to climb up and down on.

We tsill need to add some interior decorating, such as furniture and heating and lighting, but I think all in all he will be pretty stoked to live there. He might even have to find a girlfriend to invite over to his exotic bachelor pad.

If anyone is interested I can try and post some pics including the work in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back