bad day my first dead python ever :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

repty

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
hi .
well lost my first carpet over week end ( found this morrning )
my qustion is should i be worry,ed about rest off my reptiles ?
he was 11 mounths old and has been a problem eater from day one ! ( i new about it when i got him )
total 12 feeds in the 11 mounth pereod .
took my other one to vet today for cheak and he said all looks good ( no problem eating about every 9 days )
i also have bearded dragon only had him a week .
they are all in seperate incloshers .
should i get a second appinon ? he is alert and eating well !
i am now paranoid and worred .
sorry for spelling .
ricky

sorry to hear for your loss,
it dosn't sound like he staved to death.

Unfortunately I am no help on the matter, though sorry about losing your python :(

You could have/still can take your dead python to the vets and they can find out how they died to be sure?

i did take my dead one with me but it was to far gone he said as it was 3 days gone .( in heated tank )
he wreckons it could have been bad food as i got it from difrent shop then i normaly do .
they where eating diffrent size food from each other !
the pet shop i normally buy from did,nt have the size i was after so i got it from diffrent shop .

Unlikely to be food related. The snake may have had a weakness of some sort, hence the slow appetite. Not all animals have the health and strength to develop into adulthood.

Jamie

Really sorry for your loss! How old is the other that eats every 9 days?

so sorry 2 hear :( i was watching python hunters last night and the guy on there had a huge Burmese python that he had owned for aggges and it had a bad RI poor thging looked crook as and apparently no treatments were working. It would be hard. I hope whatever it was doesnt cause any problems for your other reps :)

so sorry you lost your snake mate. Keep your head up.

Every 9 days seems a little long. At that age I would be feeding every 7 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back