Bad Pet Shops...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wombok

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm not really sure where this goes, but I was just at pet stop... (I'm not going to say where because I'm not sure if it's allowed, haha??) And it was horrible.

They were sort of hiding the reptile section in the side, behind a bunch of fish and things. But anyway, I was looking at some little Blue tongue lizards and realized one had half a tail, and another one had a bunch of stuck shed around it hands and on it's back. (It was in a hide lying on top of another.) And I sort of just thought maybe they hadn't realized and were going to fix it up. But then I saw three turtles, all of which had weird sore looking chunks taken out of their necks, they looked infected. There was an adult Spotted python who seemed extremely over priced and was in a small enclosure with dirty water too.

It doesn't just stop at reptiles though, there were lots of birds in a back room. The cages looked like they hadn't been cleaned in forever, and there was a baby lorikeet who had nothing to stand on apart from a thing metal water bowl holder... Two English Staffy puppies were in a small glass tank thing, with a big crack up the side. They looked two big for it, and must have been there for a while since the prices had dropped.

I think we're going to report them to RSPCA or something, not really sure what to do; but it wasn't right there. Anyone else been angry at pet shops?

I've heard some shockers, but that store should be reported.
its no excuse when the pet salespeople (and sometimes even the managers) know absolutely nothing about the needs of their animals.
Once a friend of mine visited a petshop had some baby ducks in a cage without any water, just one of those dropper bottles for rabbits! When said friend tried to inform the clerk she was told that they couldn't put a bowl of water in the cage because the ducklings would drown! Some people...

Not asking for locality or shop in question but may I ask what area you are from ???

Why not name the shop in question??
It will stop people wasting their money for a business that obviously doesnt support animal welfare and if they dont make a profit they will end up closing! Simple.
At the very least report them as you said.

It will stop people wasting their money for a business that obviously doesnt support animal welfare and if they dont make a profit they will end up closing! Simple.

Please do not name and shame.

I am sure that if people were to go into this shop they would see that the animals are in poor condition.

It is against site rules, and if people were allowed to do it, people could tarnish anyone's reputation with false or biased information.

It is amazing how many times you hear stories like these but the complainants do nothing about it. There is often two or more sides to a story which is what the authorities are paid to investigate. If you complain in writing to DPI and RSPCA they will investigate. If you do nothing , they will do nothing. Naming and shaming anonymously on a public forum is a really cowardly act and may compromise the forum. You either can stand up for you beliefs or not, without hiding behind anonymity!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back