Bad shed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

animal805

Reaction score
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia
I have a 10 year old CCP and always sheds full skins no dramas, but today, which in itself is unusual as he normally sheds over night, he has had a shocker With the aid of a warm bath we hve managed to get the retained skin off his body and tail but he still has an eye cap and some patchy skin on his head. I am unsure of what to do next as far as the eye cap etc, should we try to remove it gently, leave him to his own devices for a while longer or what? He appears to be tired and worn out from all the rubbing.

Any one please

Attached Thumbnails

Attachments

• IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0014.jpg
    IMG_0014.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 45
I have heard of people using doubled sided tape on a paddle pop stick to remove the eye scales in this situation but have never done it my self. So not sure if you want to jump in and try or wait for other suggestions.

how possitive are you the eye cap is still there? =S
i wouldnt wanna try any thing if ur not 100% wouldnt want to end up damaging the eye!

It definately was still there I just checked on him again and I found one eye cap scale on his log but not sure about the other eye, he has gone into his log and there is no way I can get him out I will have to see in the morning when he comes out for his AM bask The rest of his head, from what I can see, looks better. He is usually really good with his sloughs, this is a first.

I watch and episode on snakebites and he's said he Put a rubber glove on and lightly go over the eye I think :)

this happens to my stimi ALL the time. I spray her and she rubs the eye cap off herself on her vines. If your snake has something sort or rough to rub itself on, it should scrape it off by itself. I wouldn't use tape (or anything) around the eye area in case you slip and injure it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back