Bad Shed?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sezza

Reaction score
Hey all, my girl shed yesterday and I noticed she has something around her eye, but its not her eye scale as I checked her shed skin after she was done (as I always do). Just wondering what I can do to remove it... Thanks.

Attachments

• 09.05.08 (16)small.JPG
    09.05.08 (16)small.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 68
Hmmm Im not sure you can really see anything from that photo. Can you describe it any other way? Or maybe take some other photo's?

I've had this before, if it's what i think it is.
It's shed everywhere but one eye.
I very, very, very carefully used tweezers.
I've been told this is a big no no so i'm not advising of this method.

Hmmm Im not sure you can really see anything from that photo. Can you describe it any other way? Or maybe take some other photo's?

see on the right handside (facing the pic) there is a white bit - its the same on the opposite side also...

I will attach another pic to compare (was taken a couple months ago)...

Attachments

• 27.03.08 (1)small.jpg
    27.03.08 (1)small.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 58
I've had this before, if it's what i think it is.
It's shed everywhere but one eye.
I very, very, very carefully used tweezers.
I've been told this is a big no no so i'm not advising of this method.

its only very very small (she is only 1m long) I wouldnt trust myself to do that! Eeep!

Her eye scales shed off fully, its as if its the skin around her eye thats still there

Would a soak help?

it isnt anything it is just the actual skin of the snake.

Generally large pythons this becomes more prevalent. But also other things that can cause this is mites etc.

Nothing really to worry about, just the skin of the snake is all.

Yeah mine was the whole eye scale i had to remove.
If that has shed you should be right.
Just keep an eye on her. If it is annoying her she will rub it.
You should be fine

A python can move each eye independently.
To me, its just the white of the eye in the 1st pick, as your snake seems to be looking back, showing the whites in the 1st pic. Due to this the eye socket at the back is showing.
Looks normal to me.

it isnt anything it is just the actual skin of the snake.

Generally large pythons this becomes more prevalent. But also other things that can cause this is mites etc.

Nothing really to worry about, just the skin of the snake is all.

eeep mites is such a scary word!! I might have to do some investigating and see if she has them - oh boy I hope not!!

Thanks for the info!

Heres a better pic of it that I just took...

Attachments

• DSC01501small.jpg
    DSC01501small.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
no dont stress about it, it doesnt mean that your snake has mites, it just may be the way that your snake is is all.

Taking another look at the 1st pick, there seens to be some raised scales along its back. It could be a sign of mites.
Hold your snake, wrapping you hand around its body, and firmly run your hand down its full length. If you have any tiny little black specks in your hand after that, get some TOD and treat everything.

Taking another look at the 1st pick, there seens to be some raised scales along its back. It could be a sign of mites.
Hold your snake, wrapping you hand around its body, and firmly run your hand down its full length. If you have any tiny little black specks in your hand after that, get some TOD and treat everything.

thanks, will do!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back