Ball Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sezzzzzzzzz

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
after seeing a few threads about these guys, most of which left me with the impression that they were illegal in Australia, (please correct me if I am wrong, cause I would love one...) I googled "ball pythons in Australia" and was met with this...

I would love one, but have absolutely no interest in getting an illegal snake, can anyone please clarify?

ball pythons and other species for sale - For Sale - Rockhampton

Last edited:
yes they are illegal and that would be a scam to get very gullable people

They could really be for sale. But they are still illegal.

Could be but someone wouldn't bother selling them like that,they would sell well enough by word of mouth

doesnt anyone look at their licence and available animals allowed to keep on them anymore, for goodness sake have a look at what is available to keep on your licence in your particular State before asking the question
can i keep a ?

after seeing a few threads about these guys, most of which left me with the impression that they were illegal in Australia, (please correct me if I am wrong, cause I would love one...) I googled "ball pythons in Australia" and was met with this...

I would love one, but have absolutely no interest in getting an illegal snake, can anyone please clarify?

ball pythons and other species for sale - For Sale - Rockhampton
Illegal. As are all other exotics.

I've lived in Rockhampton for pretty much all but 6 months of my life (the place where these are supposedly at) and the post code they have provided is not valid for Rockhampton.... But it is like 40k away.

I'd probably say the ad is fake going off this fact.

I took some time yesterday and actually looked at the list of species not allowed for household pets,high security facilities required animals,scienctif purposes etc......vipers were on the list,lots and lots of vipers,fish,eels,bugs and plants.Compared to those lists the reptile one was quite short....and i don't remember seeing ball pythons on the list of permit req animals.maybe i didn't look hard enough but i didn't see them.

Would love to keep one myself,stunning animals.i even like the shape of their heads.hahahahahahha.if anyone has better info or clearer info please post.

I took some time yesterday and actually looked at the list of species not allowed for household pets,high security facilities required animals,scienctif purposes etc......vipers were on the list,lots and lots of vipers,fish,eels,bugs and plants.Compared to those lists the reptile one was quite short....and i don't remember seeing ball pythons on the list of permit req animals.maybe i didn't look hard enough but i didn't see them.

Would love to keep one myself,stunning animals.i even like the shape of their heads.hahahahahahha.if anyone has better info or clearer info please post.

What the...

How about looking at your licence & checking the species you ARE allowed to keep?
And let me know how many non native to Australia species there are on there.

I'm getting sick of clicking onto AUSSIE PYTHONS & seeing threads about Ball Pythons.
NOT Australian, ILLEGAL to keep, that will NEVER change, GET OVER IT people!

Last edited:
What the...

How about looking at your licence & checking the species you ARE allowed to keep?

I'm getting sick of clicking onto AUSSIE PYTHONS & seeing threads about Ball Pythons.

i was looking for the licensing on Ball's because I was confused after i saw the thread on ball x coastal , when i came across this ad. and at no time did i have any intention of rushing off and buying one. There is no need to be so rude to people that ask a simple question- if you dont like it, dont answer it.

i was looking for the licensing on Ball's because I was confused after i saw the thread on ball x coastal , when i came across this ad. and at no time did i have any intention of rushing off and buying one. There is no need to be so rude to people that ask a simple question- if you dont like it, dont answer it.

ITS IN AMERICA !
before posting a thread asking something where you could easily google it or use common sense dont waste page space on the site, its not even worth it

i had come on here last night after having a look at the licensing rules etc and asked a question OUT OF INTEREST and am now getting flamed for it??? Its not a sign of stupidity to ask a question and yet thats what its being treated like on here.

What the...

You tell em Owzi....:)

I dont underdstand the hype over Ball Pythons anyway. I wanted one for like..a month when i lived in the UK, and i ended up getting a california king snake instead. Everyone i knew who owned Ball Pythons said that they just get boring really quickly because they are so in active. If i could have any exotic, it would be a Western Hognose Snake, amazing little fellas, i had one for my first snake when i was 8 years old, she was awesome! i reckon if i ever end up moving back to the UK, i would buy one in a heart beat.

^^^^ Now that is a sensible answer from someone who has actually seen these strange creatures called ball pythons
They dont even really look like or act like a snake
We have a reptile club have their meeting here once a month and all kinds of things get brought in including balls
I am firmly convinced they must be related to slugs as they just lie there and droop when passed around
Some of their colours are amazing but far too boring for this little black duck

I guess their small size appeals to people..And loads of morphs to work with.

Hey,honestly some of you pple are just so far up yourselves it scares me......how do you brush your teeth...............i can imagine which orifice you have to stick in to brush them.
And to flame pple like you do....who made you god.....last time i looked no-one.I appreciate knowledge,even critism sometimes but wow,you have offered nothing trully to this thread but negative vibes.
go spread em somewhere else.

^^^^ Now that is a sensible answer from someone who has actually seen these strange creatures called ball pythons
They dont even really look like or act like a snake
We have a reptile club have their meeting here once a month and all kinds of things get brought in including balls
I am firmly convinced they must be related to slugs as they just lie there and droop when passed around
Some of their colours are amazing but far too boring for this little black duck

People wan what they can't have... I want a red tail boa *salivates*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back