Ban grunting

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
isn't grunting associated with exertion? Take for example people who do weights and train with punching bags, physiologically speaking grunts aids breathing/better exchange of oxygen, hence. better control and to an extent regulation of the force exerted when you hit something/use a burst of energy in a muscular contraction.

or perhaps they're taking a cue from xena: warrior princess?

but really if you're that bothered to create a thread out of this you do realize there is always a mute button?

isn't grunting associated with exertion? Take for example people who do weights and train with punching bags, physiologically speaking grunts aids breathing/better exchange of oxygen, hence. better control and to an extent regulation of the force exerted when you hit something/use a burst of energy in a muscular contraction.

or perhaps they're taking a cue from xena: warrior princess?

but really if you're that bothered to create a thread out of this you do realize there is always a mute button?

Yes the mute button :D which as I said, I use. LOL

[video=youtube;2LawWhZcmV0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LawWhZcmV0[/video]

I have lifted weights for quite some time, and I very rarely find the need to exert a grunt..
But yeah, maybe that's just me..
If you don't like the grunting, change the channel and watch a real sport..
Bowling's where it's at.

Wow. What a stupid thread.
Have you thought that maybe they cannot help to grunt like they do? Or it helps them hit harder? I dont think it has anything to do with putting the other player off..as usually the other player is doing it too!
Also, you can't ban grunting..thats ridiculous..
The Men also do it, just watch Novak Jokovich..
But if you think Sharapova is bad, watch Francesca Schiavone...Looks like a man..sounds like a man.
[h=3]http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkm...yer_info.aspx?player_name=Francesca+Schiavone[/h] [h=3]http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkm...yer_info.aspx?player_name=Francesca+Schiavone[/h]

I have lifted weights for quite some time, and I very rarely find the need to exert a grunt..
But yeah, maybe that's just me..
If you don't like the grunting, change the channel and watch a real sport..
Bowling's where it's at.

At the gym I go too, we get the juice monkeys that like to tap each other on the bum and have a bit of a grunt and a scream. I have a bit of a giggle all the time.

Playing Bare foot lawn bowls + a **** load of beers is great, I highly recommend it once your 18 of course;)

If you were going to ban annoying noises at the tennis, start with the commentators.

Such a sad little man you are...

Wow. What a stupid thread.
Have you thought that maybe they cannot help to grunt like they do? Or it helps them hit harder? I dont think it has anything to do with putting the other player off..as usually the other player is doing it too!
Also, you can't ban grunting..thats ridiculous..
The Men also do it, just watch Novak Jokovich..
But if you think Sharapova is bad, watch Francesca Schiavone...Looks like a man..sounds like a man.
[h=3]http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkm...yer_info.aspx?player_name=Francesca+Schiavone[/h] [h=3]http://au.wrs.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0oGkm...yer_info.aspx?player_name=Francesca+Schiavone[/h]

Stupid thread??...your the dummy that posted a long winded comment...you could have ignored it??

Last edited:
I don't play tennis but coming from a martial art the shouting is absolutly nessesary. It helps you strike with power and I can see it having the same effect with hitting a ball too. If you were to compete or grade in Tae Kwon Do and not shout on your punches and kicks you would lose points. There are some who do use unusual sounds to put off their opponants, but that is all part of it.
I can see where people are coming from though with some tennis players having really loud / unusual grunts. I don't think a ban is right though.

From when they started to learn how to play tennis they were taught to breathe out heavily when the hit the ball. But most of the women don't grow out of it. That is why they grunt.

Cheers Tyler

I work at the Australian Open every year, for the last 6 years anyway,
There is worse things than a cute girl in a short skirt grunting and squeeling. When ever i hear Sharipova now, i get a warm feeliing.

In my pants

I like the grunting... infact they should just stand there and grunt back and forth.. then I would watch tennis :D

My poor old Dad who is 85, lives at home, and of course because of his age has quite a small life, in that he doesnt get out much these days other than to go to aqua aerobics, cards and do his shopping...loves the tennis. I phoned him today and he said he cannot stand the noise and isnt going to watch...he said he could turn the sound down but then he cannot hear the commentary.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back